Ventisei

This is slowly getting longer and more out of hand.

Before we make it back into cannon, first is a little extra on Inoue's birthday. By the end of the chapter, the arc will have begun.

Today was Monday, she was still getting a little help with moving around, but she was happy to know that it didn't take too long for her to recover. Perhaps seeing Yamamoto up and about, and laughing along with Kaoru, made it easier.

Today was Monday, that's true. But it was also her birthday. She doubted anyone except Hibari knew it, though, perhaps Kusakabe. She woke wrapped in familiar arms, her legs tangled with his, her head on his chest. She really liked his silky pajamas, they were the best. In case you are wondering what she wore to bed, it was a flowy dress-top thing with some soft pink shorts. Not that you were wondering.

Well, it was in her routine to wake up next to Hibari.

Occasionally she'd get the pleasure of finding Hibird asleep in her hair, or Hibari's, too. As luck had it, today was one of those days.

At least she thought it was Hibird, since he was the only canary-like bird that lived here and followed Hibari around. But when she took the bird down from her head and into her hands, she noticed it was a little different; only someone with God vision could tell though.

The bird was more fluffier and had a little tuft on its head, unlike Hibird. This confused her a lot, even more so when she saw Hibird sleeping on Hibari's head.

Since when did the bird multiply? -Although, true enough, Hibari did use school funds to build some kind of bird sanctuary in the school for all of the Hibirds he'd accumulated.

Either way, the adorable ball of feathers was enough to brighten her day, Hibird or not. As she sat up and began to pet the bird, she'd accidentally stirred Hibari from his sleep. He peered up at her before wrapping his hand around her waist and resting his chin on her leg.

"Happy birthday." He mumbled, looking away from her and to the bird in her hands. Her eyes gleamed at the realisation, he'd given one of his birds to her, for her to look after. 

She will treasure this small life for the rest of hers.

Inoue was beaming the entire morning, getting dressed with the bird flapping around her, eating breakfast with the bird playing in her hair, chewing her hair, braiding her hair with the bird completely ruining the plait by pulling at strands and messing up her hands, so she went without braiding it. But she couldn't get mad at the bird, she fed it and kept her eye on it for the entirety of her morning, Hibari was beginning to feel a little irritated that her attention was completely taken by that small animal, it was like he was walking to school alone.

It wasn't long before Hibird distracted the other bird and Hibari grabbed Inoue's hand, entwining their fingers. Inoue was totally ecstatic though, she couldn't stop smiling, the whole embarrassment and nervousness washed away with the present.

She had to come up with a name... Maibird? That just sounded like she was ripping off Hibari's, or Kusakabe's, naming sense. Until she got to know the little canary, she'd wait a little before naming it.

At school it was normal, none of her classmates wished her happy birthday, they didn't socialise with her if possible. Once break came around and she was making her way to the reception room; she ran into Tsuna and his group, who actually did say happy birthday, because they somehow knew? She supposed it would have been Reborn that knew, but they could have found out other ways. 

The rest of the day, and week, passed like normal; only the bird continued to screw up her hair and make Hibari jealous. 

Now to the present, Thursday of the same week. Inoue and Hibari were sat in the reception room, Hibari at his desk filling out paperwork, Mai was looking at a screen with a small smile on her face.

"I think things are getting a little crazy again..." She muttered, watching the screen intently. On the screen, was an image of Tsuna and Dino, sitting in Tsuna's room, with somewhat serious expressions, Reborn was there too, explaining something. Well she had already been found out by him so it wasn't too freaky when he looked straight into the camera on the bird's neck. "Speaking of crazy... You know how everyone got their box animal back from the future, in the form of a ring?"

He looked at her for a second, acknowledging her words, before looking back at his work with a hum.

"My mother gave this to me for my birthday..." She held up a silver ring that was hanging on a chain around her neck, you could tell there was rabbit ears popping out of it with a small snout; basically a rabbit face. "A belated present, she gave it to me this morning... Apparently she found it in the mail and forgot about giving it to me." Inoue sighed before looking up to meet Hibari's curious gaze, he didn't know what her weapon was, nor did he know what flame she had, he couldn't see the bunny engraved in the silver after all.

"Can you help me a little bit? With the whole 'flame' system. Since you're the best person at it..." Although she says that, he just relies on anger and instinct...

"Just light it." Were his words of instruction, at first she was wondering what she was thinking for asking him. Huffing, he held up a finger and lit a -not a small one, more like raging- purple flame.

She followed suit, holding up a finger and willing whatever flame she had to appear. She had to have been a prodigy or something because a small flickery dark blue flame lit. She was a little proud of herself, she didn't notice the dark scowl on Hibari's face.

Oh boy did he hate those flames.

"This colour... means mist, right? I'm sorry for having a blue flame..." She felt the need to apologise, seeing as his scowl was still evident when she looked up. "But... Could you teach me a little more?" She smiled meekly, taking the ring from her neck and securing it on her finger.

It'd have been better if there were a friendly mist-

Where was Chrome when you needed her? Until Inoue could speak to the girl though, Hibari will be her tutor... She just can't see that working out.

Thank heavens she can understand 'instinct'.

yohoho dont worry about this not being finished because i have done it

its probably a shit ending though ngl i cant remember anymore