Said That I'd Be Something Special ~ 1

CHAPTER ONE
2ND POV
10/23/17
~
A/N: Hardshell may have died on the show, but not in this book!
~

One week passed since you'd fallen into the alien pod, and no one, not even the Insecticons themselves had suspected a thing.

You weren't awake. Not yet, at least. You were in a sort of sleepless coma, in a sort of never-seen-or-heard-of-before transforming stasis. Remember that game with the chemicals in your body and the pod? Well, the game just ended with the unfamiliar tech winning, creating results that even MECH would be greatly jealous of. But what was that supposed to mean, exactly?

What it meant was that your body had slowly grown larger, turning into something similar to the Cybertronians you'd studied. Your new looks and abilities had yet to be discovered by anyone, including yourself.

One day, some random, idiotic vehicon miners came in looking around for trouble and ended up messing with your pods. Once they left, your pod hit the ground and opened up, releasing your unconscious frame into the world.

You let out a yawn, your optics fluttering open to see the ceiling of the cavern. You groaned as the memories came flooding back into your helm: the Insecticons, Starscream, falling in the pod. You stood up, but your legs felt as alien as the pod, and you fell to the ground on your knees. It was only when you got a good look at your servos did you get an idea of what happened.

You went to let out a yelp of surprise, only to release a beep instead. With the sudden strength returning back to your legs, you ran over to one of the closed pods to see your reflection. You were about the size of a seeker, with a skinny frame and f/c paint job. You had two, pupil-less, s/f/c optics with ladybug-like wings protruding for your back. And while you looked totally awesome, you were still completely confused.

You attempted to talk some more as well, but all that came out of your intake was beeps and clicks and whirs. The pod not only affected your overall appearance, and semi-affected your mind and completely stopped you from speaking your mother language. This was weird, because the only other language you really knew was all the Japanese your friends recited from their anime binging. What was it? The word slipped easily into your mind: Cybertronian. You should've known!

Who would you run to? Your friends were definitely out of the question (though you felt absolutely horrible about accidentally ditching them). The Decepticons didn't like humans, but you weren't entirely sure on how they'd react to this revelation. The Insecticons? Maybe. You did appear to be a rather beautiful version of one, but you still had a myriad of doubt about the thought.

Your wings bat at the empty air, reflecting your quickly growing annoyance. You glanced back at them with wide optics. Maybe you could try to use them? You let out a huff, doing your best not to strain yourself while trying. And shocking enough, it kind of worked! You were lifted into the air, accidentally bumping your helm on a rock above you. And if we ignore the countless failed attempts to fly straight and not hit your helm on the cavern's ceiling, you did amazing!

Until, of course, your last failure rendered you unconscious again.

You klutz.
~

"Hardshell!" Kickback called out. Him, Hardshell, and a couple other Insecticons had been stationed at this particular energon mine for about a month. Though they didn't really care for the drones, but without a Queen, the hive simply had to obey Megatron for as long as the Decepticons existed. The current hive leader turned to face his friend.

"What is it, Kickback?" Hardshell spat grumpily. He'd already had to deal with a bunch of annoying soldiers, he didn't need the day to go any worse. Though his hivemates behavior was certainly odd, as it was panicked but also excited somehow.

"You need to come and see this!" His friend said both urgently and excitedly. "I think we just found ourselves a new Queen!"

A new Queen? A new Queen? This Insecticon was talking absolute lunacy, Hardshell thought. Hive Queens didn't just appear out of thin air. He ordered the mech to lead the way, and when they arrived at the pod-filled cavern, he was not disappointed. Though, it did make him just as confused as you had been.

You were a miracle, and a magnificent one at that. The rest of the Insecticons who'd been assigned at the mine surrounded you, with one holding you delicately in bridal style. His hivemates all whole-heartedly agreed that you needed to be taken to the Nemesis immediately to see Lord Megatron. What he was going to do with you though, they had yet to discover. But whatever the outcome, they would defend you with their very sparks. And that was something Hardshell knew the rest of the Insecticons would agree on, for sure.

Hopefully, you felt the same about them as they did towards you too.
~

"Commander Starscream," the hive leader hissed his commanding officer's name. He held you in his arms-bridal style, just like before-making sure not to get you uncomfortable. The second-in-command let out a groan immediately after he finished addressing some miners. Hearing his name usually never meant good news.

"What do you want, you stupid-" The SIC's optics widened as he whipped around and saw your unconscious frame. A femme? Why were was a recharging femme in an energon mine? Especially one that didn't seem to be from Decepticon origin, too!

"We need to bring her to the medbay and alert Lord Megatron!" Hardshell explained quickly. Starscream snapped out of his puzzled daze and snarled at the larger mech before him.

"And why would Lord Megatron need to see some pathetic neutral?! I shall handle this myself!" The seeker announced rudely. He extended his servos to take you from the Insecticon, but a couple of his hivemates blocked the way. Why were they being so defensive? He was their commanding officer!

"No." Kickback hissed menacingly. Another stepped forwards, and the SIC shrunk back in cowardice. "If you'll excuse us," they growled, "we'll take care of our Queen ourselves."