She Said I Look Fat ~ 14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
2ND POV
11/4/17
~

   "It is with deepest gratitude for my creation that I pledge undying obedience to you, My one true master." The bipedal Predacon announced as you walked the halls of the Nemesis. "But with more of my species son to stride among us, I beg your permission to, in turn, lead them as Predaking."

   You flew beside Megatron who walked beside him, and you could tell the warlord was having certain doubts about the newcomer. The other commanding officers, such as the screechy SIC himself and the Chief Medical Officer, walked a couple paces behind the three of you just listening in. You wondered what their thoughts on the matter were. You were soon to find out.

   "Your vision is boundless." Megatron told the mech after some silence. It wasn't boundless, not to him anyways. You decided to say something as well while you still looked like a confident Queen.

   "Certainly a golden idea." You added with a smile. You weren't even sure if you meant what you said, but it was too late to turn back now. It was later on when you found out the truth behind Megatron's deceptiveness, and your plans for the future.

"Our former beast may fully believe himself to be a loyal servant today, but trust me . . ." Megatron assured his subordinates as he paced the room, "the moment our royal highness realizes that his army might possess greater might than what currently remains of the Decepticons—"

"Evolution will give way to revolution." Starscream finished.

"I am left with no choice but to eradicate the Predacon clones, before they are provided the opportunity to eradicate us." The warmonger announced. He walked forwards and snaked a servo around your waist again, pulling you close, but at this point you realized he wouldn't stop until you accepted him or you died.

"Lord Megatron," Knockout spoke up with a smug expression, "you're not saying you intend to pull the plug on Shockwave's beloved Project Predacon?"

"Your conclusion is most logical, my liege." The scientist replied. The medic's smug expression dropped to the ground.

"What if Predaking finds out about our treachery?" You asked them.

"Ahem," Starscream caught your attention as he leaned against the wall with his own sly smirk, "Why assume that we would be the ones to perform the deed? After all, if the Predaking were to discover that, say, the Autobots were responsible for wiping out his comrades, our resident beast might, in turn, destroy our hated enemies for us. Or, they, him."
~

"Ultra Magnus," Optimus Prime addressed his lieutenant. Magnus turned around to face the Autobot leader as he spoke. "Something has been troubling you."

"I fear that my command style may be having a negative effect on unit morale." Ultra Magnus answered, heaving a sigh. They stood by the entrance to their new base. The truck felt just a bit lonely in the team of heroes, and because Optimus was back, they all flocked to him. He was used to being insulted by Wheeljack, but this wasn't exactly infuriating. It was just different.

"Your service is most welcome, old friend." Optimus reassured the mech, placing a servo on his shoulder plate. "But this is not the Elite Guard."

"Things have changed since the War for Cybertron." Ultra Magnus admitted. His thoughts momentarily jumped to you, and he wondered if you ever felt like this. What a stupid thought that was, you had an entire hive to keep you company! But what you did back at the mine still confused him greatly, and he hadn't told anybody about it! The lieutenant snapped back into reality when he realized he hadn't been listening to his leader's words of wisdom at all.

". . . in a machine. They have grown into something greater than an army." The Prime said, looking proudly over his team. "They have become—"

"Optimus!" Ratchet interrupted as an alarm came from his computer. "Our scanners have detected exposed energon!" The team turned to look at him, patiently waiting for orders.

"With our reserves at a critical low, we cannot afford to not investigate." Optimus Prime told them, allowing his battle mask to slide over his intake. The lieutenant nodded and walked forwards towards the team, silently hoping all would go well. Maybe he'd see you there.
~

   What a fool you were, Megatron knew as he watched the live video feed. A beautiful femme, but a fool no less. He figured as long as you had your hive, you wouldn't care about everything else just as much. That included accepting his proposal.

   The warlord knew that they were what you lived for, what you cared for, what you cried over, what you'd die for. Ever since Airachnid had stolen a large fraction of the hive from you, you had been more cautious. More stubborn. He needed to kill you with kindness so you'd run to his shoulder to sob on, be a wonderfully tame sparkmate for him to have all the fun he wanted with.

   So, to execute this plan ( as well as the Predacon), he'd assigned you the job of helping out Shockwave. The battle would get the troopers killed, and your remaining hive members. He continued to watch patiently, with a mischievous smirk growing on his features as he red optics flowed with evil intent.

You were currently commanding the troopers and Insecticons that had spread themselves around the area in front of the mine. Why Megatron had put you in charge of the diversion, you had no idea. You'd probably get captured anyways. You hadn't wanted any of your hive members to accompany you out of fear that you'd lose them,
your only family.

   "Decepticons!" The Prime roared atop the land above the mine. "Step away from the energon and surrender!" The vehicons responded to the command with rapid gun fire aimed towards the speaker. The Autobots jumped down from their perch and skillfully destroyed those who came into their path. Bad idea, bad idea, bad idea! Your processor screamed inside your helm. All sorts of alarms went off, and the final one sounded as soon as you lay your optics on an Insecticon being brutally murdered.

   But you had to let the Autobots win.

   You would have to retreat and let them all die.

   You had no one to turn to anymore.
~
A/N: I'm getting a real Taming of the Shrew vibe from Megatron. Comment if you know what that is! Over and out.

      —WV—