I Can't Get A Job ~ 8

CHAPTER EIGHT
2ND POV
10/28/17
~

   Great. You were being forced to work with Starscream to investigate a Decepticon site the Autobots might've found out about. And the stupid seeker was only allowing you to bring two of your soldiers along! However much you hated partnering up with the mech, at least you weren't going to have to deal with any more of Megatron's sexual advances. For now.

   While the second-in-command went to check out Ultra Magnus' parked ship up above the operation, you and your guards flew over to check out the operation itself. The warlord had requested that you have the Predacon tag along as well, and so now it was rushing ahead of you to tear up the Bots.

   You watched as the beast zoomed into the tunnel, and made sure to keep track of it. Your guards flew by your side and in their alt modes. You spotted the alt modes of the Wreckers speeding away from one of the Predacon's powerful belches of fire. You even saw a young teen peek out of one of their windows, scaring the living daylights out of you. Why in the world would they bring a human child along with them?!

  You would've been able to catch up to them too if the Predacon hadn't gotten stuck in the entrance of the branches off tunnel they'd taken. The tunnel seemed to be a bit to small for the ravaging metal dragon, and this only meant you had a lot of waiting to do.

   Luckily, it wasn't long after that the creature managed to break free, and you were all able to continue on. Once you flew into the cave, the first thing you noticed was the Predacon being met face first with Ultra Magnus' hammer.

   "Open fire!" The Autobot commander yelled at the two of his subordinates. Your guards went to attack them so they had something else to deal with, and you made your way towards Magnus. The Predacon did an amazing job of taking care of the Bots, but was soon thrown onto its side from another hit from the Forge. Bulkhead was suddenly being thrown around on its tail, and one of your Insecticons knocked him into the tunnel. The other slammed the Autobot SIC against the wall.

   "Hey hothead!" You and the beast turned around to face Wheeljack. Just as the metallic dragon was about to belch out more fire at him, the Wrecker tossed a grenade at his open intake. That was an absolute mistake. The grenade was hit by the creatures tail, proceeded to ricochet off a couple of boulders, and landed right by the semiconscious commander.

   "Oh scrap." You whispered fearfully. Wheeljack transformed and got the drag out of there, and you saw Bulkhead follow him out. Your gaze switched back to their comrade who had been left to die by the activated grenade. Your Insecticons did the same, though they probably thought you were right behind them, which was most likely the same case with the enemy.

   And without a second thought—though there wasn't anytime for thinking—you threw yourself in harms way to protect the helpless mech.
~

   You awoke you the taste of dirt and grime filling your intake, and you were quick to spit it all out. You stood up and began hovering above the ground like normal, and the sudden sight of Ultra Magnus' arm caught under a large boulder caused you to rush over to him. The commander let out pained and frustrated grunts as he tried to pull his arm out, but it was to no avail. His optics narrowed at the sight of you, but he failed to transform his free servo into a blaster.

   "What do you want, Decepticon?" He growled hatefully. You looked at him apologetically, and then an idea hit you! You sped around the cave, searching for the longest and flattest sort of boulder available. The one you found seemed to be the best you could do, and you wedged it under the other boulder as a lever.

   "What are you doing?" Ultra Magnus questioned you cautiously. You flew to the ceiling of the cave and hovered above the highest part of the lever. You abruptly froze your wings and slammed down onto it. You crouched down and let the weight throw the rock overhead, freeing the commander's arm. He stared with wide, surprised optics as you flew over to check on the injury, landing on the ground and crouching in front of him. He pulled his arm away from you and winced.

   "You alright?" You quietly asked him. Magnus watched you silently, trying to figure out your motives for saving him.

   "Why did you help me?" The Autobot asked you in befuddlement. This was very un-Decepticon-like behavior, and it was confusing him like crazy. Not to mention your voice box either! You shrugged and gave him an innocent smile.

   "Honestly," you replied, "I'm not entirely sure." In reality, you really didn't. You could've escaped and left with your subjects so they wouldn't worry. You could just feel all of their concern bundling up in your own spark.

   "I can't believe they left me here." Ultra Magnus mumbled, switching his mood back to angry. He placed his arms behind him, momentarily forgetting about his injury, and attempted to lift himself off of the ground without your assistance. The mech ended painfully landing on his back and gave another pained groan. You sucked in your air and moved forwards to help him.

   "I'm sure they didn't mean to leave you," you tried to reassure him, "they probably thought you'd been right behind them. My guards made the same mistake." You draped his injured arm around your shoulder as you flew upwards, using all of your strength to lift him to his pedes. He, of course, helped as best he could.

   "I-erm-thank y-you." The commander mumbled out an apology. You just smiled. You let out a huff as you finally noticed the blocked exit. This was going to be a long day.