Sippin' Codeine Coca-Cola ~ 24

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
2ND POV
11/14/17
~
A/N: Hey guys! I'm just gonna warn you about a couple things. These chapters are going going to focus more on the romance part of the story, so we can get to the smooching faster.
~

   "Ultra Magnus?" You waited patiently behind the mech, hovering above the ground behind him. He was busily working at the computer, typing away as he stared at a wall of Cybertronian text. He froze up and whipped his helm around. The mech had probably been too absorbed in his own work to hear the sound of you approaching.

   "Y/D, I thought you were going to oversee construction with Bulkhead?" Magnus said, tilting his helm in confusion. He turned his body around to face you, rather than having you talk to his back like he would've done with any other soldier. You almost found it cute, but that wasn't what should be crossing your processor right now!

   "Megatron visited me last night." You blurted nervously. The commander's optics widened, but you kept talking out of anxiety. "He was apologizing to me I guess, and I'm not sure if he'll come back. But he was being incredibly kind, and I don't know—" The mech placed his servos on your shoulders with his face wearing a stoic expression.

   "He. Did. What?" You took a couple deep breaths and urged your wings to keep you hovering instead of melting down. Preferably, into Ultra Magnus' arms. The lieutenant pushed on before you were able to protest. "He could've hurt you Y/D! Why didn't you tell anyone before?!"

   "I, um," you bit your derma and scratched the back of your helm, "I was tired from working, so I fell asleep. Immediately after. I barely even remember most of it!" You tried to defend yourself, though it wasn't exactly helping.

   The mech let go of you and sighed, and leaned against the control panel of the computer. Ultra Magnus pinched where the bridge of his nose would be if he was human out of annoyance. He couldn't really be angry at you for that, could he? Then again, it had been your fault you'd overworked yourself, but that wasn't something he would scold you for. The commander had already lost Optimus, one of his oldest friends, and he supposed that the fear of losing one of his newest friends was getting to him.

   "If or when he returns, please alert me immediately. Megatron may have seen the error of his ways, but we cannot push aside the fact that he previously killed the planet." Ultra Magnus ordered decidedly. You nodded, clasping your servos together in front of you.

   "Of course, Magnus." You answered calmly. The mech nodded and hesitantly turned back to his work on the monitor.

   "You should go. It's your turn for patrol in a little while."

   "Yeah, in a while." You replied with a shrug. "Plus, I think Bulk can oversee the construction by himself, like before."
~

"Thanks for sparring with me again, 'Cee! It's really nice to get in some femme time!" You told the two-wheeler as you dodged a roundhouse kick. The small blue femme laughed. You were battling in the training room the base had, and you were having an absolute blast. Fighting friends didn't really give you much of a thrill, but this was undeniably an awesome thing to do with the only other girl in base.

"Well, I thought I'd make the most of it with you on the team." She answered, skillfully dodging one of your own attacks. "If the commander trusts you that much, I thought you'd be worth a try. And I was proven right!" You blocked another punch before delivering your own. It struck her jaw and made the femme stumble backwards.

"Why, thank you." You replied proudly. You flew towards her again and flung your leg out to deliver a powerful kick to her abdomen. "I do wonder why he trusts me as much as he does." Arcee grabbed your leg with both servos and flung you as hard as she could at the wall.

   "You're a great fighter, levelheaded," she listed, as you pushed off the wall and launched yourself towards her again, "fast, a Queen, and you did save him that one time."

   "My title is kind of up for debate until I can confront him about sending out a team to actually search for Insecticons. Mainly in the spots where there would be ones." You grunted. You tackled her and pinned her to the ground with her arms locked behind her.

   "There was one that attacked me and Jack when we were on our way to Vector Sigma. Maybe there's more there! And in important places like that." Arcee suggested. She struggled in your grip and not choose to yield. Her determination showed you why she was so important to the team.

   "That might just be it! Thanks 'Cee." You told her happily. Suddenly, she flipped you over onto your tanks and do the same to you, but you rolled out of the way just in time. She attacked you with more punches until the both of you were wheezing on your pedes.

   "Energon break?" The two-wheeler asked with a grin. You nodded with your own satisfied smirk.

   "Energon break." You repeated in agreement. She made her way towards the exit and you let your wings work their magic to flutter by her side. You flew down the hallway by her side even though your wings were itching to do more. So, you figured you'd take a joy flight later on when the two of you were done with violent lady time.

   Maybe you should invite Magnus?