Own Flash Gordon ~ 27

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
2ND POV
11/21/17
~

   Nobody had seen a regular sparkling ever since the war had begun. Nobody had ever seen Insecticon sparklings in their lifetime! So when you brought the adorable litter into the base, your team stared drop-jawed at you and the procession of grown Insecticons behind you, with their protective wall around you. It reminded you of your last hive, and very first hive.

   You suspected Ultra Magnus wasn't enjoying this little miracle as much as you were. He didn't appear too approving from what you could tell (considering that Team Prime was enough to handle), but in his optics you saw something else. It could've been happiness, but it ended as soon as you met his gaze with a gigantic grin on your face.

   Nobody could blame you for your excitement; you'd just found the family you'd been searching for all this time. On the first try, too! It was a miracle, one you felt that was too good to be true. Was it, though? This is what you wanted to ask yourself, but you were too wrapped up in hovering over Ratchet and Knockout in worry as they did a check up procedure on each of the hatchlings. He was grumpy as always, though a spark of hope was present in everyone's optics. You realized many of them hadn't seen new life in so long, and losing Optimus to better their planet wasn't really helping.

"Hey Magnus?" You said softly, quietly fluttering your way towards him. He was still as he leaned against the wall of the Med Bay with his arms crossed. The commander diverted his solemn gaze to you for a brief couple of seconds before returning it to the medic at work.

"Yes, your majesty?" Ultra Magnus replied in his commanding monotone voice. You let out an annoyed huff, but quickly calmed down. You could tell he was annoyed with you because,even though your conversation was hushed, he still used your royal title.

"Magnus, what's wrong? You seem more unhappy than usual." You asked him in concern. He spared another glance at you, and you kept your optics locked into him, urging the mech on.

"You never responded." He answered. You tilted your helm to the side in confusion. Then, you suddenly realized what he'd meant.

You'd accidentally left your comm off for a majority of the mission, which had taken a whole day at least. It was quite late now, and most of the team had retreated to their berthrooms. You checked up in your messages and found a large quantity of missed calls from the lieutenant. Had you assumed they were all from Ratchet just checking in? You couldn't remember.

"Oh! Goodness, I'm sorry. I should've been following protocol, shouldn't I?" You replied, slapping your servo to your servo to your forehelm, "Check up every ten to twelve minutes, I shouldn't've forg—"

"Y/D." He growled, interrupting your rambling. He looked back at the younger and older doctors bickering with each other, before pulling you out of the room with him. You were tugged into his office, and he locked the door behind you. He took a seat in his chair while you just kinda hovered there silently and awkwardly.

"Ultra Magnus, what are you—"

"I called you every ten minutes, like protocol states. Then, I find you don't have your comm on, or any of your assigned team with you?!" You froze up and your optics widened, and you did your best not to let the shock reach your wings. You realized you had made a few stupid mistakes, but must he be so sour towards you after your success?

"I'm sorry? Cut me some slack, commander! We were successful in the mission and even found new life, but you're choosing to criticize me for such a small mistake?! Most of the time, we were barely even able to send a call back to base! You know I can handle all of this, so why are you lecturing me? You'd probably just make the others stack energon cubes and sanitize the base!" You scolded him loudly. You slapped a servo over your intake in horror and prayed that no one else had heard. Your friend stared at you with wide optics, just as surprised as you about your outburst.

"My apologies," The lieutenant said uncomfortably, "I was simply worried. I shouldn't have done that."

"I'm the one who was actually lecturing you! Magnus, I'm sorry, that was so horrible of me. I," you heaved a sigh before continuing, "I just got a lot on my servos, you know? Then again you've probably got a lot more—"

"I'm the one who started this, I should—"

"I snapped—"

"It wasn't your fault—"

"I don't know about that—"

"Y/D—"

"Magnus—"

"The blame doesn't lie with you. It was—"

"Well it certainly wasn't," you paused, noticing the shortened distance between the two of you, "too . . ." It seemed the commander had noticed the inch between your dermas, except he also allowed his gaze to wander. With your body leaning over the desk, it wasn't hard to notice your beautiful features. But, the mech was quick to stop himself from checking you out further, and began to sit back down in his chair.

Ooh! Hey, remember your semi-clumsiness from the beginning of your adventurous story? Well yeah, that.

You began to back yourself up when your servo slipped on the face of the desk. You lurched forwards like Aladdin on his magic carpet and lip locked with Ultra Magnus. Your optics widened again as energon rushed to your faceplates. You shot backwards in pure embarrassment before quickly unlocking the door and speedily shot away like a bullet.

"Y/D, why must you do this to me?" Ultra Magnus groaned, trailing his derma with two digits. They already ached for more even though the accidental kiss had been so fast. Too fast. The lieutenant always knew he had felt something towards you, and after his confusing consultation with the medics, he could finally conclude that he, Optimus' successor, the leader of Team Prime and commander of the Wreckers . . .

. . . was deeply in love with his Juliet.
~
A/N: DING DONG DO I HEAR WEDDING BELLS