Brought Me Up Tough ~ 2

CHAPTER TWO
2ND POV
10/25/17
~

   Your optics fluttered open once again, and you were immediately greeted by the sound of a buffer reaching your audio receptors. You let out a groan before looking at the semi-blurry image of the person who was buffing you. The image cleared up, revealing a rather handsome red mech. It seemed you were in a sort of medical wing on a berth. How'd you know all of this? You weren't sure, but you really needed to get used to all of this vocabulary.

   The red Decepticon (his insignia was as shiny as the rest of him) looked up at you, optics widening for just a second. He had a knowing look on his face with a smirk that only grew as he stood. Maybe this was the Knockout that Starscream complained about? Then again, that seeker complained about basically everything.

   "Finally, you're awake! The Insecticons were completely restless the entire time you were in stasis; It was difficult to get them out." The doctor chuckled. You stayed silent, tilting your head to show your confusion. "They brought you onto the Nemesis after they found you unconscious in the mine. Pretty excited about their new Queen." 

   "Oh." You replied, surprising yourself with your own voice. You'd completely forgotten the pod had altered your voice box. Your wings flapped up and down as if they were euphorically asking to be released.

   "The only damage you seemed to have was a dent on your helm, though it seems your voice box has always been broken. I wonder how Hardshell'll react to that." He mumbled the last part to himself before going to organize some tools.

   "Knockout!" Starscream snarled as he barged into the Medbay. At least you were right on the medic's name! What is the patient's status? Lord Megatron is requesting her presence as soon as possible!"

"She needs her rest! Er, actually," KO turned to face you, "what is your designation?" Think, think, think, you told yourself.

"Y/D." You blurted. It sounded like a name that would fit in with Hardshell and Starscream and the others. Knockout put on his charming smirk once again.

"What a lovely name." The doctor purred, before being hit over the helm by the seeker.

"Well, your majesty, your subjects are waiting. And so is our lord." You swung your legs over the side of the birth and Knockout let out a disapproving sigh. Starscream walked through the automatic doors and you followed along, with Doc Knock tagging along. The cherry red mech noticed you chose to hover using your wings rather than actually walking. The very moment you left the medical wing you were bombarded by the Insecticon hive, and the other two mechs were pushed out of their way.

"She's gorgeous!" One cried out.

"Quite comely!" Another laughs excitedly.

"Your highness, my designation is Hardshell." The hive leader introduced himself humbly. "Follow me to see Lord Megatron, and then we shall join you to the hive's bond." This was all so sudden for you, and because there didn't seem to be any time to process it all, you simply nodded your helm and left it at that. The hive leader turned around and stalked off, allowing a few other Insecticons to create a protective wall around you and dismissed the others.

During the time it takes to get to the control room, you decided to process the information as quickly as you could. The sort of insect-like alien creature you'd been transformed into basically made you the ruler of all Insecticons. That was awesome! And incredibly concerning. But, you figured if you were going to be royalty, you may as well act like it. You straightened your posture as you fluttered in the middle of your bodyguards, holding your head high and pointing your pedes.

From what you knew, Decepticons hated humans because you were—correction: they were small and weak. So there was no doubt the rest of them wouldn't take any sign of weakness from you in a good way. Especially since, and you still couldn't believe it, you were a Queen. And though you barely knew anything about their culture besides the information collected when eavesdropping on their conversations, they'll probably just assume you'd gotten amnesia.

Once you entered, all the anxiety and pessimistic thoughts came crashing down, and you did your absolute best not to show it. Hardshell stepped aside as the warlord turned around to face you.

"Ah, so this is the Insecticon Queen you brought to the ship. It's very nice to finally meet you . . .," Megatron paused for you to introduce yourself as he gently took one of your servos.

"Y/D." You told him in monotone. Megatron made a mental note of your broken voice box, something he'd ask his field medic about later. He lifted your servo to his face and softly pressed his derma to it before releasing you. It almost made you blush, but because you'd had so much practice in hiding your feelings during school (because the students would make fun of your small obsession), you were able to mask your embarrassment.

"This is my third-in-command, Soundwave," he said, motioning to the silent masked mech to his left, "and you've already met my second-in-command Starscream, my Chief Medical Officer, Knockout, and our current hive leader, Hardshell." The seeker let out a grunt and looked away uninterestedly, while the grounder gave a sly, flirty wink. You nodded at the four of them on acknowledgement, with the hive leader being the one to return the gesture. "Finally, this is my lieutenant for all of our science projects, Shockwave." The cyclops-looking mech stared at you quietly, which was quite unsettling.

"With that done," Megatron continued, "I'm very excited to be working with you, your majesty."

"As am I." Your replied calmly, folding your hands in front of you. The warmonger chuckled, and abruptly grabbed your waist with his large servo, yanking you towards him.

"But if you ever decide to betray me, I will not hesitate to execute you. You are beneath me, no matter what you may believe." He growled menacingly. You were terrified, though it was more because you could fit into his palm rather than the prospect of dying. You gave him a single nod, and he released you without another word.

You were dismissed, and the leader of the Decepticons watched you go with his own mischievous, toothy grin.