So I Live With My Mom ~ 9

CHAPTER NINE
2ND POV
10/29/17
~

"Hey guys! Where's Magnus?"

"Magnus? I thought he was right behind you, Bulk!"

"So did I!"

Things were restless at the Autobot base. Yes, Miko and Bulkhead decided to take the long way home, and yes, Wheeljack had stormed off to team up with Arcee. But nothing was the same without Ultra Magnus there to help take command. He had been there for so little yet the team had already grown used to it. Optimus, once he heard the news, had told them to investigate the sight. Most of the team didn't have much hope for the commander though, considering the Predacon and how close he'd been to the grenade. Wheeljack actually felt horrible.

It was a similar situation with the Decepticons and Insecticons. When the two Insecticons realized you weren't with them, they vowed to find you. The rest of the hive had been furious at their hivemates incompetence, but killing them wouldn't do you any good.

"I think we should just leave her there. You might be able to survive that blast, but nobody else could." Starscream said to his leader. Megatron glared at the seeker with fire in his optics. They stood in the control room, looking at a map of the mine you'd been checking out with the slender mech.

"Your suggestion is illogical. Without her, the hive will spiral out of control until they have her once again." Shockwave explained. "We know she alive because of how the Insecticons are reacting. I suggest we allow them to find and excavate their Queen immediately." The warlord smiled and nodded at his purple lieutenant's proposal.

"A magnificent idea, Shockwave. After all, "he glared at the seeker again, causing him to shrink back, "it would be wrong to kill my future sparkmate."
~

"What are the Autobots like?" You asked out of curiosity. You were inspecting the crack in the ceiling where the sky was semi-visible and sunlight spilled into the cavern. Unfortunately, it didn't seem wide enough for you to zip through.

"Why?" Ultra Magnus asked, raising an optic ridge. He sat on a boulder against the wall, cradling his injured limb. You wouldn't allow him to move and help find a way to escape in case he hurt it even more, much to his objection.

"I'm just curious." You told him honestly. You descended from the ceiling with a sigh, and flew over to inspect the blocked exit instead. You wouldn't be able to do the same leverage trick for this situation like you did for Magnus' arm.

"Wheeljack doesn't seem to enjoy following any set of rules. He's unpredictable and frustrating, yet a vital part of the team. Bulkhead, however, is more manageable, and willing to protect his human partner at all costs. The rest, like those two, don't seem to have gotten used to my commanding techniques."

"Hmmm," you hummed as you listened to his deep voice talk on and on. "What's Optimus like?" The commander paused, trying to think up the best way to describe his leader. Which wasn't really that hard.

"Optimus Prime is an honorable mech who looks to keep Earth and its inhabitants safe from your kind. As a Decepticon, I would've thought you'd heard of him." You froze up when Ultra Magnus said this. You were pretty sure transforming into a Cybertronian from a human wasn't exactly normal around here.

   "Ummmm . . ." You turned to face him. How would you put this? "I was human?" Magnus' expression changed to a confused one.

   "You're serious."

   "Yessir." 

   "And how exactly did that happen?" The mech inquired doubtfully.

   "I had been studying the Insecticons for a couple weeks and ran inside the mine they'd been guarding. I fell into one of the pods, weird science turned my body into this, and uh, now we're here." You explained awkwardly, rubbing your arms as you rambled on.

   "Certainly an odd story." The lieutenant commented.

   "Yeah, no kidding." You grumbled, followed by a heavy sigh. You were much too tired for this, considering the two of you hadn't gotten energon in hours and you spent most of your time making sure the mech wouldn't accidentally harm himself. Injured before the healthy were words you liked to live by.

   You let out a yawn before fluttering over to the boulder where Ultra Magnus was sitting. Today had definitely been one of the longest. You plopped down beside him and ignored the pounding in your chassis (caused by all the furious Insecticons expressing their anger through the bond, no doubt) and lay your head against the wall.

   Then, you fell into a semi-peaceful recharge.

   Magnus almost let a smile creep onto his faceplates at how wonderful you looked, awake or asleep. And knowing how creepy it was to stare at people while they napped, he looked away. You did have a grand idea though, and with a yawn, the commander fell into his own peaceful slumber.
~

   A sudden explosion jolted you and the Autobot wide awake. Ultra Magnus tiredly lifted his helm from yours and promised himself not to bring the topic up in his helm or with you ever. You did the same, lifting your helm from the shoulder of the mech's uninjured arm. You shot up and flew over to the entrance where the explosion happened.

   "Your majesty! We've come for you!" Hardshell announced. The other Insecticons cheered behind him, flying or stumbling over the debris. Magnus jumped to his pedes and kept his now-working blaster on standby.

   "Oh, Hardshell! It's so good to see you all!" You told them happily, hugging the Con.

   "What should we do with him?" One of them asked you, turning attention to the lieutenant.

   "Leave him be. We should get to the Nemesis before Megatron becomes angry." You ordered, waving him off. None of the Cons made an objection and created their defensive wall around you. You gave Ultra Magnus a final, awkward side smile before leaving with the hive. He'd be able to drive out and contact the other Autobots himself.