Chapter 5

It has been 5 days since Jodie moved to Smallville and now she is going to Smallville High! As she walks through the front door, the hallway is packed with students. She squeezes through the crowd of Freshmen, Sophomore, Junior and Senior students. It's Sophomore year Jodie, just two more years and you're off to college! She thinks to herself. 

"Excuse me! Jessica Mert comming through!" A girl in pink short skirt and a white tight spaghetti strapped shirt (probably to show her body) walks while the crowd separates to make room for her and her friends. Jodie pushes herself from the crowd and opens up her back pack. She trips and a guy caught her. Looking up, a hot blonde has caught her and now looking at her, "Hey," he says, smiling at her and his blue eyes peering into her soul. "Be careful next time. You don't know what will happen when your in a crowded hallway."

Jodie stares at him for a while. "Yeah, thanks" She replies, smiling back at him.

"No problem". He lift her back up so she can stand.

"Whitney!" A voice calls out behind them. It sounds like Lana. "Whitney... Hey," Lana says, once she approached them, "I see you've met the new girl in town." The feeling of tearing Lana's heart out is gone from Jodie's mind. All she can think of her is a good friend. 

"Yeah--" Whitney says but gets cut off with the school bell.

"Well, I'll see you guys some time!" Jodie says, walking towards her class. The hallway is clear and all the students have made it into their first subject. 

- - - - -

As dismissal comes, Jodie looks back at her day. Nothing too bad happened, she met new people and they were all nice to her. The school isn't so bad. 

While sitting at a bench outside the school entrance she sees Clark walk in front of her. Jodie walks up to him and greet him, "Hey, Clark," she says. "What you up to?"

"Nothing much, just going home... Probably going to do chores." he replies with a shrug.

"Chores?" Jodie has been taken aback. A hot guy like you needs to do chores?

"Yeah, I live in a farm." He replies, used to the reaction he gets when he mentions 'chores'.

"Ah, I see."

 Clark smiles a her and Jodie's heart melts. She smiles back hoping to give the same feeling.

"Hey, I need some help with Social Studies," Jodie lies. "Do you mind if I could come over?" 

Clark shrugs but then nods, knowing helping a friend is always his thing. No matter what other plans he has, friends and family is always more important.

"So, what time?" Jodie asks.

"How's six o'clock?" Clark replies. They both nod and agree then say good-bye to each other. Jodie sees her aunt leaning on her black SUV wearing sun glasses and walk up to her.

"Hey, how was your first day?" Melissa asks, giving that big smile everyone in this town has.

"Good." Jodie replies, going into the car. Her aunt comes around and enters.

"Really?" Melissa asks, pretending to care. Then turning on the car. "I saw you talking with Clark." Melissa adjusts the back mirror.

"Pfft, nothing is happening between us... We're just friends." I hope that's not what Clark feels about me.

Melissa just nods and shrugs. "Sadly." Then starting to drive home.

"Auntie!" Jodie exclaims as her aunt laughs. Okay, I know he's attractive and all, but that does NOT mean that--okay, yeah, well, maybe.

"Speaking of Clark, I'm going to his house at 6," Jodie says, and Melissa clears her throat. "C'mon, Auntie, it's not a date."

"Okay, okay, I'll stop." Melissa surrenders and they continue their drive in silence.