Chapter 9

Jodie and Lana are in the Talon drinking coffee and talking like they were best of friends. Later on, Clark comes in with Heather both smiling, talking and laughing. Jodie is surprised, no not surprised more of jealous. And she could see that Lana was surprised.

"Since when did Heather and Clark become friends?" Lana asks

"I heard that Heather was working at the Torch." Jodie answers.

Heather spots Jodie and walks to her. "Hey, Jodie," She greets, "Hey, Lana."

"Hey," Jodie and Lana replies.

"What are you doing here?" Jodie asks.

"Oh. Just, having some tutor time with Clark." Heather answers her. Jealousy and that feeling of stabbing her at the back with a knife suddenly comes. But then it goes away for some reason. It's like she should just let her have him instead.

Heather bents down and whispered into Jodie's ear, "You know, I think that Clark likes Lana. But that's between us, right?"

"Really?"

"Yeah." Heather says, standingup. "Well, I have to go." She says, then saying good-bye to them. Heather walks out with Clark who has two paper cups in his hands.

"Do you think they're dating?" Lana asks, eyeing on them.

"NO!" Jodie yells, not meaning to. She clears her throat. "I mean, no."

Lana gives an unsure nod. Then they go back to talking as if all that never happened.

Jodie's phone starts ringing and she checks it to see Lex calling her. Jodie answers, "Hey, Lex. What's up?"

"Listen, sweet cheeks, better get home soon or your cousin-in-law will die." An unfamiliar voice says in the other end of the line then hangs up. Jodie packs her things urgently, her heart beating fast. She doesn't know what to do. She doesn't know if it's a prank or not. But whatever it is, she will still go and find out.

"What's going on?" Lana asks, looking at her weirdly.

"I have to go," Jodie replied. "Thanks for tonight, Lana."

"Sure, no problem."

Jodie runs back to the Luthor mansion, worrying so much about Lex.

- - - - -

Once Jodie arrives, the security guards aren't there. The good thing is that her aunt and Lionel has resided in Metropolis, leaving Lex and Jodie to live on their own. She goes past the gate using her water power that she forgot she had and got in. As she is in the hallway, looking for wherever Lex is.

"Lex?" Jodie calls out. And then suddenly she feels someone holding a gun pointing to her head.

"Lead me where the money is." The man says. The man is thin and muscular with blonde hair and a scar on his right cheek.

"I don't know what your talking about." Jodie replies.

The man grabs her arm and drags her to the library.

"Leave her out of this!" Lex yells, tied up in a chair that is in the middle of the room.

"Lex!" Jodie screams out.

"Shut up!" The man yells at Jodie. He drops her to the ground, pointing the gun towards her.

"I'm just asking one simple question, Lex," the man says. "Where. Is. THE DAMN MONEY!!!"

"I told you. I don't know." Lex replies, as calmly as he can. Jodie is shivering, having a feeling that the man might suddenly accidentally pull the trigger and kill her. Then she's gone. Dead.

"Stop lying to me Lex! Tell me where the money is, or I'll shoot her."

Lex hesitates for a bit and then--WHAM!!!-- something burst through the door, making the man fly to the corner and making him unconcious. Jodie stands up and unties Lex. Once she let him out, she is in Lex's arms.

- - - - -

"And then there was something that burst through the door and hitting the man to the corner!" Jodie tells Lana.

"Sounds quite a story." Lana says, intrigued with her accident. Lana is leaning to a locker while Jodie is in her locker. "Did you find out what it was?" Lana asks.

"No." Jodie said, closing her locker. "That's the thing, it was all confusing! There's no science into it!"

Whitney appears and kisses Lana, "Hey." He says to Lana once they separate.

"Hey." Lana replies. Whitney puts his right arm to Lana's waist and looks at Jodie. "Hi." He says to Jodie and she smiles. Things got awkward after that.

"I gotta head to class." Jodie says, breaking the awkwardness. She grabs her bag and walked away.

While she's on her way to class, she sees Clark on the way. Clark must have seen her too since he starts walking to her. "Hey, is everything okay?" he asks. "I heard what happened last night."

"Yeah, everything's great." Jodie replies.

"You know, if you need help, you can come visit my place." Clark says, looking into Jodie's eyes.

"Really?" Jodie asks, hoping for Clark not to see the sparkle in her eyes.

"Yeah, what are friends are for?" Clark replies with a smile, Jodie smiles back. Bummer... Friend, huh?

- - - - -

As she is looking at herself in the mirror, Jodie has decided to go visit Clark at the farm. After all, they're friends. Even the thought of 'friend' stings Jodie. She wants to be more than friends with him. She wants to be with him.

Jodie heads to the library to ask Lex to drive her.

"Hey, Lex, do you think you could drive me to the Kent Farm?" She asks him.

Lex looks at her. "You know how to drive a car, don't you?"

"Yeah."

Lex stands up from his chair and puts his hands on his pockets. "Well, I figured, that since you know how to drive," he says. "I would get you a car and you can drive yourself." He picks up Jodie's car key from a box and hand it out. "Drive safely."

Jodie takes the keys and hug Lex. Perks of being cousins with a billionaire.