Chapter 13

Chloe is so furious about the fact that Jodie is with Lex. It's not like she has a crush on Lex or anything. It's just so frustrating that her friend is dating the most horrible person on Earth.

"Just give her some slack, Chloe." Lana says, snapping Chloe from her thinking. Chloe walks around the room with her index finger on top of her lips.

"What is it, Chloe?" Heather asks.

"It's just. . . stupid. . ." Chloe says, stopping near her Torch computer.

"It's love, Chloe." Lana defends Jodie.

"Yeah. . . A stupid one." Chloe says, now typing something on her computer.

"You're not writing this on the school news paper, are you?" Lana asks.

"No. I'm writing Lex and Jodie an e-mail." Chloe says.

"What for?" Heather asks.

Chloe stops typing. "So, you're letting our best friend be captivated by that. . . That. . ." She finds something to describe Lex. "MONSTER?!"

"Just, let her be, Chloe." Heather says.

"Alright, I'll let her be. And if things don't work out, don't blame me for it." Chloe exits The Torch room and onto her class

- - - - -

As Lex and Jodie is enters the Library they are silent. But there's a lot of talking going on inside of Jodie, it's like a war between good and evil. Jodie sits down on the black couch and Lex beside her.

"Everything's going to be fine, Jodie," Lex reassures her, putting his hand on her shoulder. "There's nothing to worry about."

"Nothing to worry about?!" Jodie retorts. "She's probably writing this in the Torch, Lex!"

Jodie stands up, about to leave the room until Lex stops her.

"Look, Jodie. I'll go talk to Chloe and let her shut her mouth." Lex says, putting his hand on her cheeks and smiles. "As I said, there's nothing to worry about." He leans down to kiss her, but Jodie refuses.

"Not now, Lex." She says in a stern voice. "I'm late for school." Jodie walks out of the room and drive's Lex's Porsche.

- - - - -

Jodie enters the school without anyone knowing that she was late, until she enters her classroom.

"Why are you late, Jodie?!" Ms. Chesterfield yelled. "To the principal's office for a late slip and you will get detention!"

Jodie graons runs off to the principal's office. Once she enters, she sees Lex talking to Principal Kwan.

"Jodie. I was just talking to your principal." Lex says, noticing she came in.

"Sorry to bother, but I'm here to get my late slip." Jodie informs Principal Kwan. He opens the drawer and give it to Jodie.

"Thank you, Mr. Kwan." Jodie says, then walks back into class. She gives the slip to Ms. Chesterfield sits at the back of the class. Now, she feels a lump in her throat and just wants to break down and cry after embarrassing herself in front of the class. But, she's trying to concentrate on Ms. Chesterfield's lesson just so that she won't embarrass herself more.

- - - - -

Whitney and Lana are not having a good time after school. They are in the hallway on Lana's locker.

"So you're saying that you're breaking up with me." Lana asks.

"No, Lana. I'm just--" Whitney tries to explain himself, but Lana cuts him off.

"Save it for later, Whitney." She slams the locker door shut. "I have a lot of things to do at home." She walks off leaving Whitney guilty.

On the other hand, Jodie is having detention for being late. As she is sitting in her class doing nothing while ms. Chesterfield is checking the test, there's a knock on the door. Lex comes in and Ms. Chesterfield's head shoots up.

"Why hello, Lex!" She says standing up to give Lex a hug but gets rejected.

"Ms. Chesterfield, I talked to Mr. Kwan and we agreed that Jodie will never get detention for the rest of the year when she works in the Torch." Lex informs her.

"Well--"

"That's what the principal says."

Ms. Chesterfield gives a big sigh. "Ok. Jodie you're free." Jodie stands up and walks to Lex.

"Thank you." She whispers. They exit the classroom and everyone's eyes are on them. She even see some girls whispering.

"Don't mind what they say, Jodie." Lex whispers to her. "Words are words."

Once they're out of the school, they enter Lex's Porsche.

- - - - -

Heather and Clark are cuddling in the Kent Farm field. They enjoyed their time with laughing and kissing.

"Have you heard about Jodie?" Heather asks, while her head is resting on top of Clark's chest.

"Yeah. I don't believe it, though." Clark replies.

"You don't? But she lied in front of Chloe, Lana and me."

"What if that lie was actually the truth?"

"You have a point." They both become silent and suddenly they start to drift off to sleep.

Clark wakes up with the sky dark and Heather on his chest. "Heather, wake up." He says, shaking her. She wakes up with a sleepy moan, "Clark, what are we doing outside?"

"We slept and now it's dark."

"Shoot, I gotta get home." Heather kisses Clark and runs off to her house.