Chapter 6

As Jodie is in her room, doing her homework, she thinks back to the time when she first met Clark. He just suddenly came and we were both breathless once we saw each other. It's just so romantic. She thinks to herself, then remembers she has to meet Clark. Glancing at her clock, it says it's about an hour before 6.

Considering that fact that she forgets easily, Jodie decides to ask Lex to help her remember. Walking down the stairs and entering the library, she sees Lex at his desk as usual.

"Hey, Lex. Do you mind bringing me to Clark's place at six?" Jodie asks him.

"Sure," he says with a smile. I swear, everyone is filled with smiles at this place. "What for?"

"Well, it's for Social Studies." Jodie lies, "Homework basically."

Lex nods, "Alright, I'll call you when the time has come."

Jodie smiles in excitement, "Thanks, Lex."

Jodie goes back upstairs to her room. Once she enters, she hears her phone beep on her bed. She checks on it and she can see it's a text from Lana.

From: Lana

Hey, do you mind if we could hang out sometime. Get to know each other? - Lana

Jodie swiftly make her thumbs move to reply.

To: Lana

Sure. Anytime. :) -Jodie

Is Lana Lang wanting to hang out with me? Well, that's weird since her tone sounded suspicious when I bumped into her boyfriend. Jodie thinks to herself. She hears a knock on the door.

"Come in!" She says, putting down her flip-phone.

"Is it too early to leave?" Lex asks opening the door and putting his hands in his pockets.

"No. Wait. It's time?" Jodie knots her eyebrows and look at her clock, then back at Lex.

He nods.

"I'll be right down," She says hurriedly, "Just wait for me."

Lex closes the door and Jodie packs her Social Studies book in her bag and run downstairs. She meets Lex outside the mansion in his Lamborghini. Jodie is still not used to all the luxury this family has, but she's probably adapt to it later on.

- - - - -

They have reached the Kent Farm in time. Jodie tells him what time to pick her up and then saying good-bye to Lex. She walks to the small yellow house of Clark, she thinks it is. Upon reaching it, she knocks on the door. A moment later, a woman around her 40's opens it, first in shock but then smiles.

That's probably his mom. Jodie guesses.

"Hello, I'm Martha Kent," She introduces with the biggest smile on her face. "Are you looking for Clark?"

"Yes."

"Well, come in, come in." she says with a big smile and she gestures her to come in. "You can sit on the couch while I call Clark." She tells her then leaves.

Jodie sits on the couch. This is a lovely little house!

A few moments later, there are footsteps being heard going down the stairs, Jodie looks at where the footsteps come from and Clark appears with his red jacket, blue shirt beneath and jeans as always.

Looks like Superman if you ask me. She thinks to herself, then checking him out as she bites her lower lip.

"Hi." he greets Jodie with a smile and she snaps out form her little trance.

"Hi." she replied smiling, and standing up from the couch.

"Let's go to the barn." Clark suggests, leading the way. As they are walking to the barn, which is not too far from the house, it's silent. Almost romantic in a way. With the stars shining bright in the sky, and cicadas singing in the night.

"What subject are you having troubles with?" Clark asks, breaking the silence.

"Social Studies." Jodie answers. Although, she doesn't know why she picks that as a lie. She's really good at the subject and she loves it.

"What are you learning in Social Studies?"

"It's really plain and dumb, but we're learning about the history of Spain."

As they are going to the barn, there are stairs that leads to a loft. "My dad built this for me," Clark tells her, and giving a glance at her, "He said that this was my Fortress of Solitude". Jodie nods politely and sits on the couch that is placed in the middle of the loft.

The place is beautifully decorated. With shelves, desks, a small window and a telescope that is facing down for some reason.

They were studying, talking and laughing. As they were close to an end with their tutoring, they look at each other. The look that most romantic movies have, with the sparkles in each other eyes. Jodie giggles at the thought that they might end up marrying each other. Clark smiles at her.

Am I attracting him enough? Did I do it? Did I make him like me?

As Clark leans in to kiss her, Jodie's phone rings. Damn it, Lex!

"Sorry..." She says, then answering her phone. "Hey, Lex!" I could kill you right now!

"Hey, Jodie, I'm at the Kent Farm waiting for you at the time you said." Lex says over the phone. Why did I even have to set up a time?

"Alright, be right down!" Jodie says in the most enthusiastic voice she has, then ending the call. "I need to go... Sorry... I had a nice time!"

"Alright." Clark says.

"You're a very good tutor!" Jodie compliments him as she walks downstairs. "Bye." They both say.

All that's in her mind is how close she was to kissing him. So close! As she exits the car, she can see the white Lamborghini and enters.

"What happened?" Lex asks, starting to drive.

"Nothing," Jodie abruptly replies. "Nothing really, except that we were just studying." Lex nods in suspicion.

"You're blushing." He says, glancing at her.

"I am?"

"Did something happen?"

Jodie gives a sigh. "Alright, Lex. I'll tell you, but don't tell this to auntie."

"I won't." Lex chuckles.

"I actually don't need to help in my Social Studies," She says, looking out the window, embarrassed that she was blushing. "I just wanted to hang out with Clark."

"If you wanted to, all you could do is ask."

"I know! But... It's hard to explain!"

Afterwards, there's awkward silence. Like there's this something filled in the air, but Jodie just can't grasp it. Shaking off the though, Jodie goes back to her time with Clark. Could it be that Clark likes me? I think I should hang out with him more, I mean, he's cute and all and I just want to be near him. Be friends with him and until he notices that I was meant for him, the time will come.

- - - - -

Hei :)

So, how was this story so far? Was it too boring or something? Because I would love to use your suggestions. Please leave them below. I made a new account @Graceful_Gryphon and that's the account where I post books that I want to and it is only owned by one person. If you're interested, please go check it out. By the way, I made a book there called "The Dead End: Surviving the Apocalypse" which is no longer available by the way... Sorry!

THANKS FOR READING!