Chapter 12

As Jodie is laying in bed, she thinks about Lex. It is, of course, illegal for him and her to be together because she is under-aged and they are a bit related. But maybe they could keep it a secret. Not let anyone know. But it's too risky. It could be that he doesn't like her and all that things he did was just caring for her as a cousin.

There is a knock on the door and it swings open. Jodie can see from the silhouette that it's Lex.

"Jodie? Are you awake?" he asks. Lex sits beside Jodie putting his hand on her cheeks."You're awake."

"Yeah." Jodie says in a whisper voice, wanting him to stroke her cheeks, but she sits up. "What time is it?"

"It's 4 o'clock in the afternoon." Lex replies. "Wanna go downstairs?"

"Sure." Jodie replies. They both walk downstairs to the library and Lex stops Jodie.

"What is it, Lex?" Jodie asks, turning around to see Lex.

"I can't take it anymore, Jodie." He says, coming much closer to Jodie. Her heart is beating fast, and they make eye contact.

"What are you saying?" Jodie asks.

"What I'm saying is. . . " Lex drifts off and putting his hands on Jodie's cheeks, "I love you." he says then kisses her. This is a moment that Jodie has been waiting for. And now, she's sure that she in love with Lex. Since Heather got Clark, Jodie will get Lex.

- - - - -

Heather is in Clark's loft waiting for him to come up. She is staring out the window, looking at the beautiful sunset.

She hears footsteps coming up. Heather turns around and to see Clark in his blue shirt, bringing out his chest. Heather can't help but stare at it.

"Hey." Heather says, now snapping out and smiling at him.

"Hey, Heather. What are you doing here?" Clark asks. Heather walks in front of Clark and put her arms around his nape.

"To spend time with my boyfriend." Heather replies. Clark smiles and Heather just want to die in his arms. The farm-boy-charm never wears off.

"I just can't take that Kent charm." Heather says, biting her lower lip. Clark chuckles and puts his hands on her waist, sending tingles of joy to Heather.

They hear foot steps coming up the stairs and sees that it's Chloe. Clark and Heather separates.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Am I interrupting something?" Chloe asks, with a guilty face.

"No, Chloe. What is it?" Clark says, putting his hands in his back pocket.

"Clark, I need you for a minute." Chloe says.

"Is this something important? 'Cuase I can go." Heather says to Chloe, being polite.

"Uhh, yeah, Heather. It's important." Chloe says. Heather walks down the stairs feeling a bit disappointed.

Chloe walks a few steps closer to Clark.

"What's up, Chloe?" Clark asks.

"Ok. You won't believe what I saw in the Luthor mansion." Chloe says, her tone making the story interesting.

"The Luthor mansion? What were you doing there?" Clark asks.

"Just listen! I was there to visit Jodie and when I past the Library--which the door was open--I saw Lex and Jodie. . ." She drift off from the memory and closes her eyes."Kiss. . ." Chloe says the last sentence as if she's disgusted.

"Is that even legal?" Clark asks, feeling a bit uncomfortable with what he heard.

Chloe shakes her head. "They're cousins-in-law and Jodie is under aged."

"Yeah. And Lex? I don't think he would do that." Clark says.

"But he did, Clark! I'm telling you!" Chloe yells.

"Maybe it's just your imagination. You've been through a lot lately."

"Believe me, Clark. I saw it." And Clark does believe her, but he still wouldn't think that Lex and Jodie would be a couple.

- - - - -

As Jodie is walking her way to the Torch, she over-heard Chloe talking to Lana and Heather with her name being mentioned.

"Hey, guys." Jodie greets them, walking into the Torch.

"Hi." Chloe greets her back.

"What were you doing with Lex last night?" Lana asks.

"We--we were playing chess." Jodie replies, hoping they'll buy it.

"That's a lie!" Chloe hisses. "If playing chess means lip-locking with your own cousin, then there's something wrong with you."

Jodie is out of ideas to say. She doesn't know if she should confess or not but she knows that if the principal knows or the government, she would be in deep trouble. So, she decides to walk away and out of the building. Once she's out, she sits on the bench and calls Lex.

"Hey, Jodie. Aren't you suppose to be in class right now?" Lex asks on the other end of the line.

"Yes, Lex. But something happened," Jodie explains. "Could you pick me up?"

"Sure." Lex says, still a bit suspicious.

A few minutes later, Lex's porsche arrives. Lex exits the car and walks towards Jodie. "Jodie, what happened?" Lex asks but Jodie just can't say it. They enter the car and drive off.

"You would be in trouble since you're not in school," Lex says. "Now tell me what happened."

"Chloe knows."

"What?"

"Chloe knows about yesterday."

"I'm sure she'll get over it."

"No! She told Lana and Heather!"

"Well. . . I don't know what to do, Jodie. I'm sorry." Lex holds Jodie's hand into his and kisses it.

"Everything's going to be fine tomorrow." Lex says.

"You sure about that?"

"I'm positive."