Chapter 8

What the heck is happening? Jodie thinks to herself. Obviously, panicked with all the strange things that's happening. How the hell can I get out of this? There must be a way. Jodie tires everything but can't make herself un-waterized.

Solid. Solid is the opposite of liquid. Turn solid. Jodie commands. And suddenly, she feels something weird in her and she is finally human.

"What the heck was that?" Jodie asks herself. Echoes of her voice surrounds the room.

Jodie finds the way to exit the man-hole and walks back to the mansion, soaking wet. She enters the library to where Lex usualy is.

"What happened to you?" Lex asks,looking at her with a shock expression.

"To be honest, Lex. I don't know." Jodie answers, looking at herself then at Lex. He still has that shock look in him, but it has already be wiped out into something else. Like, he's more than looking at Jodie. Oh God, is my own cousin crushing on me?! She thinks. Nah, I must be going nuts.

As if Lex has snapped out, he nods, "Well, there must be an explanation with all of this."

"I'm gonna go upstairs and get changed." Jodie says. She heads upstairs and take a long bath then changing into shorts and plain shirt

- - - - -

Time for school again and Jodie can't wait to see Clark. Seeing him is the cherry on top of her day.

Jodie is making herself look attractive for Clark, fixing her hair and applying lip gloss. Once she's satisfied, she plans on going to The Torch, to see Clark and her friends like Chloe, but bumps into Heather on the way there.

"Oh, hi." Heather says, smiling. Good thing that the star-struck has finally been taken away from her.

"Hey," Jodie replies. "What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I school here." Heather answers.

Jodie nod, trying to not be jealous, but she can't help the feeling of envy. Like there will be something going on.

"I was going my way to the Torch." Jodie informs her.

"The school newspaper?"

"Yeah."

"What's your business there?"

"I'm just visiting someone there."

"Oh, I just came from there."

"Really?"

"Yeah, I work there with Chloe and Clark."

"CLARK?!"

"You sound surprised."

"No-- I'm-- It's nothing..." Jodie looks away, looking down at the floor, playing with her hair.

"Well, I better get going." Jodie says walking away.

They separate ways, and Jodie continues her way back to The Torch. After a few mist-directions here and there, she finally reached the place. Jodie knocks on the door and sees Clark wearing a red checkered shirt and jeans.

HOT!! Jodie exclaims.

"Hi!" Chloe says, sitting on a desk that has a computer on it, un-distracting Jodie from staring at Clark.

"What are you doing here?" Clark asks.

To see you. Jodie wants to say. "I... Got lost." Jodie lies, Clark smiles and Jodie starts dying.

"Well, this is your second week isn't it? You should know it by now." Clark said.

"Yeah, well--"

"GO!" Chloe yells at her.

How rude!

Jodie goes to her first class that is Science. Maybe Chloe likes him too. That's not a surprise because he is a hottie. He has that farm boy charm that can make any girl melt. ANY.

- - - - -

Jodie is on her locker again, re-applying her make-up.

"Hey, Jodie." Lana says, coming towards her.

"Hey." Jodie replies, closing her locker.

"What's up?" Lana asks

"Nothing much."

"Wanna hang out after school?"

"Since when did you want to hang out with me?"

Lana shrugs.

"All right, sure." Jodie says, now walking with Lana.