Chapter 16

Chloe immediately grabs her back and leaves the Torch without shutting down the computer. She doesn't have time and it doesn't even matter. She rushes her way to Clark's house sending him millions of voice-mails.

"Hey, Clark," She says, once voicemail comes again, "I'm on my way to your house. I've got important news to tell you..." She takes a pause. "It's about Jodie."

After driving like a maniac, Chloe finally reach the Kent Farm and quickly exits the car then runs to the Kent House which was answered by Martha.

"Hi, Mrs. Kent. Is Clark home?"

"Yes, he's in the barn." She replies, smiling.

"Okay, thank you."

Chloe runs to the barn and run up the stairs skipping 2. She finally reach the top and Clark turns around from the window. Chloe sits down on the red couch, breathing deeply.

"Chloe, what are you doing here?" Clark asks, sitting beside her.

"Yes, I'm fine, Clark. Thanks for asking," Chloe says, taking a deep breath after. "And I sent you millions of voice-mails!"

"Sorry."

Chloe shakes this off. "Anyway, I have some shocking news to tell you."

"What is it?"

"Okay. . . I was on the Torch doing some re-search until I bumped into an article--"

"What was it about?"

"Let me finish!"

"Sorry."

"Anyway. . . I think I found out where Jodie is. . ."

"What? Where?"

"In the lake. . ."

"What is she doing there?"

"She. . . Is dead. . ."

They both go silent and Clark stands up, walking around the loft. Chloe is on the verge to cry.

"What are we going to do?" Chloe asks, breaking the silence.

"We have to tell Lex." Clark replies.

"Whoa, Clark! It's late and he might probably be sleeping."

"No, he probably doesn't have anything to do tomorrow and this is important."

Chloe gives out a sigh. "You're right."

- - - - -

Lex is in the library looking at how his company, Luthor Corp, is doing. Then suddenly, Chloe and Clark bursts in the room, side-by-side. Lex closes his laptop.

"Isn't it a little late for visiting?" Lex asks.

"Lex, we have horrible news. . ." Clark says. Lex stands up and walks towards them, hoping that it's not bad news about Jodie.

"What is it? I've gotten a lot of bad news today."

Clark and Chloe exchanges looks.

"We. . . Don't know how to say it. . ." Chloe says.

"If this is about Jodie then spill it out."

"I read an article that described about Jodie and. . . The article said that they found her in the lake. . ." Chloe pauses, waiting for his reaction. ". . . Dead. . ."

Lex turns around, his back facing them, unable to know on what to do with what he heard. "Leave." He says sternly.

"We're sorry--" Clark tries to make him feel better but gets cut off.

"LEAVE!!" Lex yells at them. He hears the door close. And once he knows he's out of earshot, he screamed and smashes whatever in on the desk.

- - - - -

Clark, Chloe, Pete, Lana and Heather are in the Torch writing articles and re-searching. Chloe wants to tell them on what happened with Jodie but just couldn't get the guts to do it.

"Guys?" Chloe says with a shaky voice.

Lana can hear from Chloe's tone that she's not going to say anything good. "What is it, Chloe?" She asks.

Chloe looks at Clark and he nods back.

"Chloe found an article last night about. . . " He pauses, hoping that Chloe could say something, but then decides to continue, ". . . Jodie. . ."

"And it said that she was found--" Chloe swallows. "Dead in a lake."

Everyone gasps and Lana starts crying.