Chapter 20

Monday has arrived and Clark could not wait to tell his friends about the Kawatche Cave! He super-speeds his way to Smallville High and stops at the corner of Torch. Nobody would notice that he just appeared in the middle of no where, because they are too busy with their own things.

Clark walks over to the Torch and sees Lana, Heather, Jodie, Chloe and Pete.

"Hey, guys." He greets. He can hear some "Hey." "Oh, hi." "Hey, man."

"I have something to tell you." Clark says, putting one hand on his pocket. Everyone's head shoots up.

"What is it, Clark?" Chloe asks.

"I found a cave." Clark replies.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, Clark. . . You what?" Chloe says, a bit surprised.

"That's awesome, man!" Pete exclaims. Chloe shoots him a look and Pete goes back to his business.

"You have to show me after school." Chloe says.

Clark nods. "Heather, wanna head to class?" Clark asks

"Sure." Heather replies.

Clark seems to have something suspicious and this is making Heather to worry. As Heather walks towards Clark so walks over to Clark and as soon as she knows that they are out of ear shot, she asks Clark, "Seriously, Clark, what is it?"

"Do you have anything to do this Saturday?" Clark asks, confused by what she means 'Seriously, Clark, what is it?'. 

Heather is relieved. "Clark, you nearly gave me a heart attack," Heather says. Clark gives her a confused look. "Anyway, no, I'm free all day." Heather answers. 

"Great, wanna hang out?"

"Sure. What time?"

"I'll call you."

The bell rings for their first class. 

"I'll catch up with you later." Heather says, then kissing his cheek and leaves for her class.

- - - - -

Clark and Chloe heads their way to the Kawatche Cave after school in Chloe's car. Chloe is carrying her camera, of course. Because, she has to write this on the Torch. Once they enter the cave, her eyes widen.

"Whoa. . . What did you say the name was?" She asks, taking pictures of everything.

"Kawatche Cave."

Click. Chloe takes a picture of the cave and the drawings. She sees a drawing that caught her eyes. It's the two headed man.

"Do you think that these drawings mean something?" Chloe asks, still taking pictures.

"Yeah," Clark said. "Just when I found the cave, I saw a girl here. She explained to me about the cave, then when we were having dinner, she showed up with her grandfather."

"Did you catch the name?"

"Yes. . . Kyla Willowbrook and her grandfather, Joseph Willowbrook, a Professor."

"I gotta head to Torch," Chloe says. "Wanna ride home?"

"No, I'll stay."

- - - - -

Jodie enters the Library and sees Lex there. As always.

"Hey, Lex." She greets him and kiss him on the cheek then sits on the black, leather love seat.

"Hey, Jodie." He greets back, closing his laptop. "How was school?"

"Clark told us that he found a cave." Jodie replies.

"A cave?"

"Yeah, I didn't get the name, though."

Lex opens his mouth to say something until Clark bursts in. 

"Oh, I'm sorry, did I--?"

"No, it's fine, Clark." Lex says.

"I think I should go," Jodie says, starting to stand up. "You guys probably have some important things to talk about." She starts walking to her room.

"What is it, Clark?" Lex asks, getting up to the mini bar and pouring a glass of sparkling water.

"I found a cave. . ."

"I heard."

"How did you--?"

"I have my sources, Clark," Lex takes a sip from the glass. "Would you mind to show me?" Lex asks, "it's not that late."