Chapter 17

Clark still doesn't believe that Jodie is dead. He has this feeling inside of him that she is still alive and is just somewhere being tied up. As Clark is in the Luthor Mansion, going to the library, he enters and doesn't see Lex around.

"Lex?" He calls out.

"I want to be normal again, Clark." Lex says, coming up behind Clark, scaring him a little.

"What do you mean?"

Lex goes to the mini bar and pours himself a glass of water. "Jodie changed me, Clark." He says, then taking a sip. "She changed me into someone who's. . . Nicer, shall we say?"

Clark scoffs, "You're not saying that you like her, are you?"

Lex ignores his question and walks towards his desk, getting something out of the box. It's a necklace with a golden heart-shaped pendant in a gold chain.

"This necklace was hers, Clark." Lex informs him, putting it up in the air to show him. Clark walks forwards and looks at it.

"It's beautiful." Clark says.

"When one of my guards were searching for her, he said he saw this on the garden." Lex says, putting the necklace back in the box.

Clark starts thinking for a while and pacing back and forth. Then he remembers the man who was threatening to kill Jodie. "Lex, do you think that. . . The person who--"

"You mean Glidel Kidder?" Lex is suspicious by how he knows. Lex didn't say anything to the Press about his accident. "The man who tied me on a chair ans threatened to kill Jodie?"

"How did you--?"

"I'm a Luthor, Clark. Whatever I want to find out, I find out."

Clark nods. "Do you think that Glidel kidnapped Jodie?"

"It's possible, he went out of jail last week. . . And I also heard that Oliver is missing."

"Oliver? You mean Oliver Queen?"

"Yes, Clark," Lex gets out a paper from an old book, then giving the paper to Clark. "It's an article about Oliver missing."

"But we need to find out of Jodie is dead or not."

"She's gone, Clark! He dumped her into the lake!"

"How can you be so sure of that?"

Lex goes silent. "You're thinking." Clark said.

"Shhh. . ." Lex turns around, his back facing Clark and puts one hand on his face. "Do you think Chloe can track down Glidel?"

"It's a piece of cake for her."

- - - - -

As Clark is walking to the Torch, he sees Whitney in the hallway with Lana on his chest. They both walk away once Whitney sees Clark. He reach the Torch and sees Chloe on the computer with her hands on her head.

Clark tip-toes over her. "Chloe?" He whisperes.

Chloe's head shoot up. "I'm not sleeping, Clark." She says, blinking twice.

"Good, 'cause I need you to track down someone." Clark replies in a normal voice.

"And who is our bad boy?" Chloe starts to exit her article and onto the website

"Glidel Kidder."

Chloe starts typing in the computer and Clark walks towards her. Chloe enters the name then a picture with a biography at the bottom popped up.

"It says that he's a wanted criminal and that his crimes are kidnapping, mugging and stealing."

"Do you think you can find his address?"

"Yup," Chloe started typing. "Here we go."

Clark runs off as soon as he saw the address. But this isn't a "run" run. This is a run-like-the-winner type of run, like the super-speed type of run, like the blink-of-an-eye type of run.

"Wait, why--?" Chloe notice that he' s gone. "Clark? Clark?"

Chloe sighs. He always does this. She says to herself. Shrugging it off like usual, she continues on writing her article.

- - - - -

Swoosh!

In a few seconds, Clark has reached Glidel's house. He stopps in front of a small, blue house, and walks up the front steps, then ringing the doorbell.

After a while, Glidel came out. "How may I help you?" he asks with a smile on his face. Clark grabs his collar and lifts him off the ground. "Whoa, pal, I--"

"Where is Jodie?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

Clark throws him into the house and he went in. Clark must have threw him hard because when he went to him, he's already unconscious.

"CLARK!!!" He hears someone downstairs.

"Jodie?" he calls out.

"DOWN HERE!!!"

Clark super-speed his way down the dark basement. He sees Jodie and Oliver tied up in a chair, blindfolded and sitting across from each other. He sets them free then Jodie hugs Clark. Once they let go, Oliver isn't in the room anymore.

"Are you okay?" Clark asks, looking at her in the eye.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Let's get you home."