Imprecise Proceeding

"Sir, Mr. Banner would like you to join him in his lab." JARVIS' voice beamed through the room. You were reading a book then. Sighing, you kept it aside and stood up with the blanket still wrapped around you. You rubbed the sleep off your eyes and walked to the elevator, clenching on to your blanket. You leaned on a corner and waited for the elevator to reach the floor. When it did, you got out and put in you fingerprint to enter the lab.

Bruce turned to look at you when he heard the doors open. He chuckled, "Did I wake you?" He asked.

"No, I'm just tired." You sighed. "What'd you need me for?"

"It's ready." Bruce grinned. He moved aside to reveal the newer version of the T.R.M. (Tissue regenerative machine.) "It's specially designed for to cater your wings." Bruce said, grinning.

You looked at the machine in awe. You hadn't thought Bruce would work so hard just for you. And the professional look of the machine told Tony had done a lot as well. You smiled brightly, "When do we start?" You asked.

"We can start now. It's a 4 hour procedure though, we'll have to put you on anaesthetics." He said.

"Anaesthetics?" You asked, a bit skeptical. "Aren't they... risky?" You asked, remembering it takes a whole course to go through before you master the procedure.

"Chill, nothing too much. I can handle it." He gave you an assuring smile, which somehow wasn't so assuring to you. "I mean it. You won't die. Well I hope not, at least." He grinned at the last line.

"Okay. That settles it. I'm not doing it." You turned back to leave.

"Okay. Okay. I'm sorry! I was just pulling your leg." He chuckled and you rolled your eyes. You sighed. It did take Bruce and Tony a whole lot of hard work to get it all together.

"Fine." You groaned and he lead you to the machine. It had a seat similar to the one you see at the dentist. You laid down after pulling out your wings and putting the bed sheet aside, hoping to God you won't die. Because if you did, God would have to deal with a whole new level of sass. Well, either God or the Devil. Yup, the Devil. Bruce inserted an intravenous cannula. And it wasn't late before the anaesthetics kicked in. Your vision started to blacken around the edges before you fell unconscious.

***

"You need to let it go, my friend. You are putting your health at risk." Said Thor to Steve. They were at the gym. Steve had been working out almost double, somedays triple, ever since he lost the fight to you as if preparing for a rematch. And everyone was concerned, but Thor chose to be the one to talk to Cap about it.

"Let what go? Huh?" Steve stood up, glaring at Thor.

"You are upset that you lost to Y/N." Thor stated clearly.

Steve walked up to him. He was shorter than Thor, but not short enough to let him tower him. "He did not win. I did not lose." He growled. "You'll find out what that little fag really is. And I don't think you're going to have to wait too long. You'll all get how right I was then." He said.

Thor frowned, "I don't think calling someone fag just because they lay with other men is good in Midgardian text." He said, clearly offended that his friend had been addressed like that. Steve didn't reply, he just walked past him and went to the elevator. Thor was worried. Steve never used to be like this. He was the most well mannered and understanding of them all. A bit too professional, yes but Thor had never seen Steve like this before.

***

As you regained your consciousness, you felt mild yet evident sharp pain in your wings. And your head felt heavy, probably from the anaesthetics. But who knew? Maybe you'd died and hell just was a headache? But then you heard Bruce's voice.