Laughing On The Outside, Crying On The Inside

~15 years later~

"Y/N! Get down!" Steve yelled through the intercom and you obeyed. You saw a stream of bullets go over your head as you took cover. Your heart was beating faster than ever.

"Steve, I'm stuck. There's no other option." You said as the bullets didn't stop.

"No. We can't let them see your wings. They'll know it's you." Steve warned but very well knew that you were right. "Wait." He has to try something. He had to save you.

You heard metal hitting metal and heavy footsteps from behind your cover. And suddenly, everything went black. You could still hear the grunts and the firing bullets but one by one, the noise died down. In a few moments, you saw Steve coming over the corner. He smiled and offered you a hand. You took it and stood up.

"We have to get you out of here before more of them come around." He said.

"But what about the others?" You asked.

"They're safe. They're in the quinjet." You nodded and let him lead the way. You were currently stranded in a HYDRA facility. You had been abducted and were kept in the facility. You had, of course, refused to reveal your identity earning you quite an amount of physical torture. Before it could get too much though, the others had located you and hence this had turned into a rescue mission.

"They've surrounded the tower. We can't go there." Tony said while on the phone with someone. You guessed it to be Jeffrey Mace, the director of SHIELD after Nick Fury.

"What do we do then?" You asked.

"Romanoff?" Tony turned to Natasha. "Jeffrey says you know a place?"

"Hand over the phone." Natasha said. She took the phone and went to the farthest corner of the jet.

"Are you okay? Did they do something?" Steve said as soon as she left and started looking at your injuries.

"I'm fine, Steve. It wasn't much." You said.

Steve smiled at you, "Not that they could do anything to you anyway." He said and kissed your lips.

"Right." You chuckled and kissed him back. It was a long and passionate kiss, having been separated for the time that you were held captive in the HYDRA facility had given up too much heat to handle.

"Jarvis, switch to manual mode." Natasha came back and practically through the phone at Tony. She seemed really pissed off at something.

"Do we get to know where we're going?" Peter asked even after everyone trying to shush him. Pretty much everyone knew that nobody was supposed to Natasha if she seemed even remotely angry at something.

"Shut up, arachnid." Natasha mumbled and flew the jet. You chuckled as Peter removed his Spider Man mask and pouted.

***

"Alright. We're here." Natasha said as she landed the jet in a clearing in the woods. "We're going to walk the rest of the distance." She said and everybody nodded, following her every order quietly. Steve took your hand in his and you walked beside him.

You had gotten together with Steve only a couple of years after Clint had left. You had been forced to give up the hope that Clint was ever coming back. So here you were, 13 years into your relationship with the Captain America, 10 years into your engagement and 8 to your marriage.