Reconnections

"But one question still remains. Why hunt Y/N down? Why are they so intent upon killing him?" Natasha said and Clint's hand wrapped around yours. He was scared.

"Because he's a threat." Clint said.

"What do we do then?" You asked.

"Wait for a guy named Nick Fury to help you out everytime." A voice came from behind you and everyone was as startled as you upon seeing him enter the room. How creepy could a guy with an eyepatch be?

"Ugh, I thought you were dead." Tony rolled his eyes, earning a glare from Fury.

"How'd you get out?" You asked as you stood up with a smile, walking up to him and giving him a hug. Fury, though seemed reluctant as always, hugged you back this time. Shit was serious. Fury hated hugs.

"I have my alliances." Fury nodded towards Bruce. You pulled back and sat back down, holding Clint's hand. You chuckled a little to yourself as you saw Clint's face. He was jealous that you had hugged Clint but was trying to conceal it, resulting in one of the cutest faces he could ever make.

"Wait, you knew?" Natasha looked at Bruce.

"Yeah, it was his idea to not tell anyone though." He said defensively.

"Our strategies still do not seem to change. How long do we have to wait here?" Steve was the next to speak.

"Long enough for the search to die out. This could go either way; they find us and we fight or they don't find us and we stay hidden. SHIELD right now has a huge load of stuff to do so I'm guessing the search team will be called back pretty soon. After then, we go out and reach to the people we can. It'll be one hell of a fight but we'll stand better chance united." Fury explained.

"But how can they just take over?" You asked.

Fury took a deep breath and sighed heavily, "The council stands above all of the ranks at SHIELD. Consequently, they have better contacts and reach."

"But what made them-" you started but stopped talking almost instantly when Steve's eyes widened and he shook his head slowly at you. You understood and kept your quiet.

"We'd like to be excused." Clint said after a while as the others picked on the conversation. As the others looked at you, Clint stood up and pulled at you by your hand. You stood after him and followed him to his room. He closed the door behind and lead you to the bed.

You both laid down and Clint pulled you close towards him. You put your head on his chest, putting an arm around him as he wrapped his around you. "Are you okay?" You asked after a few minutes of silence.

Clint took a couple of minutes before he spoke up, "I almost lost you." He said, his voice crumbling as tears dwelled in his eyes. "You have no idea how many times the team gave up on the idea of finding you. Everyone thought you were dead this one time but then you just showed up on the radar and-"

"You seriously thought I'd die that easy?" You spoke with a chuckle as tears threatened to run down your cheek as well. You knew how much Clint loved you, probably more than anyone has ever loved anybody and having to hear that the one he loved so badly could be dead? That must've crushed him.

"Not funny, asshole." Clint gave out a small chuckle as tears ran down his cheeks. He lifted your head up with his hands under your jaw and kissed both of your cheeks. "Let's get married." He said, looking into your eyes.