Shall We?

The next few days couldn't have been better. Clint had gradually stopped checking your phone and well the past days had their ups and downs because you were given your first assignment as an Avenger which was as hectic and tiring as it sounded. But again, Clint never left your side once and it made everything worthwhile. Clint had been very gentle and protective of you knowing your anxiety had worsened in the period he had left you. You were currently on the main floor of the tower watching a random movie cuddled up on the couch. There was only Thor, who still refused to talk to you, and Tony on the floor. Steve was in the kitchen making some popcorn.

Clint was holding you close in his arms as you rested your head on his chest. Your eyes were drooping when Steve came and sat down. "Anybody want popcorn?" He asked. Everybody took some but you paid no heed to him.

"Y/N? You want some?" He asked, holding the bowl in front of you but you still did not reply, fixating your eyes on the screen. Clint nudged you a little to let it go but you did not say anything. Steve sighed and sat back.

"Why are you so mad at him anyway?" Thor finally spoke up. "You were the one who cheated on Barton and you told him so yourself." He said bluntly. You got off Clint and grabbed the book you had been reading before everyone suggested watching a movie. You stood up to leave but Thor spoke up again, "Had I been where Clint is, I wouldn't have let you live. Clint's really generous to take you back, you mind that." Thor stood up too.

"Well you're not in his place, so shut the fuck up!" You yelled, facing Thor. You had tears in your eyes. Clint and Tony stood up to calm you down.

Steve put his arm on Thor's shoulder, "Leave it." Steve said in his authoritative voice. Thor looked really mad and kept glaring at you as Clint took you out of the room, putting his arms around you protectively holding your shaking body close.

"Sh... it's okay. Please don't cry..." Clint whispered in your ear as he kept you close to him in the elevator, trying to stop you from crying. But the sobs and the tears just couldn't stop, Thor's words kept going in your mind and your anxiety had decided to kick in. "Y/N it's okay..." he took you to your room and sat you on the bed, taking your shoes off. He pulled the anxiety pills from your bedside drawers and made you take them before he took his own shoes off and got under the covers with you, holding you close to him.

***

It took a while, but the medicine did its work and you calmed down. "I'm sorry." You broke the silence.

"What for ?" Clint asked, petting your head on his chest.

"I know what I was wrong and I had my reasons too but-" you couldn't speak further because Clint shushed you.

"We've moved on from the past, if other people can't it's their problem not our's." He said nonchalantly and kissed your head.

"Thanks for coming back." You mumbled.

"Are you kidding me?" Clint spoke gently and chuckled softly. God you loved his warm chuckles, it made you feel like home more than anything else. "I love you, Y/N." he said, looking at the wall in front of your bed that had pictures of you two, a collection of photo frames and quotes that you had put up when Clint suggested it. "And that's not a small thing. I love you with all my life and I'd be a fool if I ever think I could live without you." He said. You could hear the smile on his face as he spoke. "And no matter what I do, where I am, what I think; I'll always love you." He whispered. His voice and his words were so soft and heart warming you felt your eyes droop again.

"I love you too, Hawkeye." You smiled and put your arm across his abdomen, nuzzling his chest. And with that, you fell in a deep sleep.

***