Chapter 2

I'm not stupid, I'm just too lazy to show you how smart I am.

Kigamki Natsuru

We were now in the middle of the fourth quarter of the game. After the five of us got a little more serious the second years didn't stand a chance, even though they were second string I honestly expected them to be a little better than this. The score was now 40-52, our side having a 12 point lead.

Only 19 more seconds, I thought as I felt my annoyance begin to fade. I passed the ball to the guy with glasses and watched as he pulled a three pointer. Noticing the was now only seven seconds, I watched the red eyed boy throw the ball towards the hoop and miss the net by a few center meters, "Don't worry!" Yelled the tanned one as he jumped up and forced the ball into the hoop just as the buzzer went off.

"First years win!" Yelled the coach as the two rude second years huffed. I looked over towards the other court and saw that the first years were lost by a whole 17 points.

Shortly after the games took place, the coach and captain both told the first years to gather around and announced which string each person was on. I decided to take a short nap since there was literally almost a trillion (there were only 25) first years.

Just as I was about to drift off, I felt someone plop down next to me, scaring me a lottle (that's a little and a lot mixed together). Looking to my left I saw the boy with tanned skin and huge smile on his face, "Hi, I'm Aomine Daiki. You were really good just now!" He said making me stare at him.

"I'm Kigamki Natsuru, and thanks I guess. You were cool too." I muttered, looking over that the group and saw that there were only 10 of us left. It was me and the other four I played with along with the other members of our team. Wait, did they call my name yet or...

Before either me or Aomine could say another word, the coach suddenly yelled out first string causing head to snap towards him, including my own.

"First string! #8; Aomine Daiki." I looked over and saw Aomine with a huge smile and sparkling eyes, but as soon as he caught me staring her turned and put on a 'tough' face before getting up and walking towards the side of the gym where the captain was standing.

"#11; Midorma Shintaro." I watched as the green haired guy push up his glasses before walking over towards the captain as well. Wait, why is he holding a bobble head?

"Next up, #23; Murasakibara Atsushi." The purple haired Titan walked over towards the first string group with a slight smile on his face, it wasn't noticeable though.

I sighed before looking over at the coach again, "And #29; Akashi Saijuro. That's it everyone else didn't make the team."

I watched as the other five people look at the ground before walking off. I guess I didn't make it, oh well I'll just find another club.

Grabbing my bag I headed towards the locker room to change ignoring the slight ache in my chest. Right when I was about to open the locker room, I heard the captain tell the coach that he skipped one making the coach let out an awkward laugh before gathering everyone's attention once more. "I apologize, It seems I skipped a name. The last member of the first strings is Kigamki Natsuru who will be wearing the jersey numbered 18."

These words caused me to turn around and look at the coach with wide eyes. Once I noticed what I was doing I blushed slightly before walking over towards the first string group.

Once I arrived I was met with a friendly, (and hurtful), pat on the back. "Congrats, Kigamki! I knew you'd make it," Boomed the voice of none other than Aomine.

"Thanks, congrats to you too." I mumbled looking down and annoying the sting that was left behind on the upper right side of my back.

Within the following hour, the coach introduced the third and second string to their coaches while the captain explained our practice dates and the rules for basketball.

"And make sure to win but have fun while you're at it." Was his last words before we were all dismissed and told to come to practice the following day. We all went home with racing minds and pounding hearts, excited for what's to come. But little did we all know, that the road up ahead wasn't all sunshine and rainbows.

•••

Heyo people's!

I'm really excited for this book so I decided to post another chapter a little ahead of the due date.

Also, I apologize for this semi-short chapter, they'll get longer as time passes.

~Lilah