Chapter 6

There's a difference between lazy and energy preserving, and I prefer the later.

Kigamiki Natsuru

It was the start of the second quarter and I could tell that coach was exhausted. Kuroko had made the wrong pass a good 15 times within the past ten minutes that they have been playing. I watched as Aomine tried to calm down a panicked Kuroko while the opposing team laughed in the background, noticeable proud of their twelve point lead on us.

"Maybe the kid isn't ready for the game courts yet," Said the captain as he rubbed his face as if trying to wipe away the frustration. I just hummed, not all that interested in the game. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to lose but it was actually quite pitiful to watch. Just as coach was about to signal another member to warm up, Nijimura rushed in dragging a bruised and nearly unconscious Haizaki by the color of his jersey.

"Couch, I found Haizaki. Turns out that the arcade is a great place to cure colds." Nijimura said, raising up Haizuki to show off to the couch, who just signed before telling Haizaki to take Kuroko's place at least until he calmed down.

Haizuki groaned out in protest before raising a finger and pointing at me, "Why can't Natsuru do it? He's perfectly healthy and not to mention has been here the whole time."

"Can't do that, I pulled a muscle this morning when I was jogging to Aunt Hamiji's., turns out today they were having a two for one sale on their pound cake." I spoke up before the couch could say anything.

"You lier."

"I'm really not, ask Mura-chan he was there with me."

Haizuki let out a loud groan before walking towards the side of the court to warm up. I allowed my gaze to fall back onto the court where Akashi was dribbling past the two guys blocking him. After breaking past the two he raised his arms up and shot a three pointer before looking at the rest of the team, "Even if there have been some mistakes the gap shouldn't ever be larger than ten points."

Once Haizaki had finished stretching, coach subbed him in and pulled out a distressed looking Kuroko. "Sorry coach." The blue note mumbled under his breath before sitting down on the bench next to me, I could catch a glimpse at his eyes since his hair was covering them but it didn't take a genius to know that the boy was upset. I debated saying anything to the boy and ignoring him all together, but in the end I kept quiet and just handled him a water bottle, my eyes falling back on the court just as haizuki dunked the ball into the net.

^^^

After the game ended, with us winning obviously, we all headed towards the locker rooms to change out of our sweaty uniforms. Well, the five that played did along with Kuroko even though he didn't have much sweat on him. Kuroko was still in the dumps even as the rest of the team cheered their victory. "Hey, Natsuchin, wanna go get some ramon? This weekend I came across this small shop and their ramon was good." Murashibaka asked me over the commotion in the background, "Akakshi Chin and the other already agreed earlier."

I shook my head, "Can't. Gotta go home. Promised to clean my room." Was the only thing I said before grabbing my bag and heading towards the locker room door. Just as I was about to leave, i heard the loud voice of Aomine reminding me about the game on Monday, two days from today.

""Coach wants you to play, so you better not injure yourself." Nijimura added, I hummed in response. Shutting the door I started my journey home. Even though i didn't play today I still felt tired and sluggish.

^^^

"Finished." I huffed, wiping the sweat from my forehead and sighing in relief while looking around proudly at my now cleaned room. Well, as clean as it would get. I have so much stuff, even after a full hour of cleany the small room was still slightly messy and crowded.

Just as I was about to lay down and finally get the rest I have been craving all day, Liz, my step-mother, called me downstairs. Standing up once again, I walked down the stairs for what seemed like the millionth time since I got home. "Yes?" I hummed as soon as I stepped foot into the living room.

"I just wanted to remind you about the dinner that's happening this weekend, your father and I expect you to show up and actually try to act decent. This dinner is very important to your father, if he closes this business deal then we will probably be millionaires by the end of this year." Liz stated, her steel grey eyes pinning by own green orbs. I suppressed the groan that was climbing up my throat and instead just nodded at the woman. After a few moments of silence I turned around and headed for my room. "Make sure to dress formally! This means no sweats nor hoodies," She shouted after me as soon as I reached the stairs.

Opening the door to my room, I let out a sigh before kicking off my slippers and socks- because sleeping in socks is honestly the worst thing ever, and jumping until the soft mattress. Not even a second later, I felt myself slip away into the black void that is usually filled with unachievable dreams.

^^^

Heyo Peoples!

That last part was low key stolen from my cringy emo diary from like 6th grade.

I finally have a new chapter. This chapter doesn't really have that much of a point but its a mini continuation from the previous chapter.

Anywho, Merry Christmas or Hanukkah or whatever you celebrate or don't celebrate. i hope you're having a good day. As soon as I opened my gifts and set up my laptop I started this chapter. Since I am on Christmas break and pretty much have nothing to do except for my geometry packet and my world history and literature assignments, which are all really easy for me so I should be done by...Wednesday at best. But i'll try to update whenever I can!

-Lilah

P.S. I still don't have all the keys down yet to there's probably a ton of mistakes and the paragraph shifters are different plus its not bold and such.