Chapter 15

I want to be reborn as a rock in my next life. 

Kigamiki Natsuru

"First period starts in twenty minutes and I still need to change and shower, you have five minutes." I sighed, using my towel to wipe off the remaining sweat from my forehead. Currently, we were the only once in the locker room, everyone else decides to change in the bathroom due to the fear of Akashi's wrath. 

Akashi being the natural leader he was, cleared his throat and spoke up first, "Very well, now as you know on Friday night, Aomine here had confessed to you and among other things." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Aomine flinch a bit and look down at the ground, strange for the usually loud and confidant boy. 

"Yeah, I remeber.." Looking at the clock, I saw that they still had four more minutes, sitting down on the bench. I grabbed my supplies from my locker before beginning to take off my show while waiting for them continue. "He also said you five had a crush on me-"

"Have-" Midormia spoke up, straining the word, "We have a crush on you, present tense." 

Pausing my movements for a second, I felt my muscles tense up at the outburst. Instead of responding, I nodded my head and continued to take off the sneakers that were tied firmly on my feet. After getting the right foot off, I moved on the left. 

"We wanted to tell you face to face, to confirm it." Akashi's voice cut through the silence, "We were going to tell you earlier but-"

"You didn't," After getting off my shoes and socks, I stood up and turned towards the stunned males. My voice didn't have its usual bored and lazed tone, instead, it was sharp. "You all kept it from me for a year, which is fine. I understand that not everyone wants to confess but, even so. You didn't have to ignore me," My voice grew shaky at the end. I was worried when they ignored me, I don't know why but I thought they were mad at me. It's not like that hasn't happened before, someone confessing to me than ignoring my entire existence. 

Feeling my chest grow heavy, I looked at the clock, a minute longer than I said id give them. SIghing, I grabbed my towel and supplied before heading to the showers for a quick shower to ride the sweat from my body. 

Before I could go far, a hand grabbed onto my shoulder, spinning around a brushed off the hand and glared up at the hurt Murasakibara, "Natsu-chin." His voice cracked a bit, I felt a tug on my heart but I ignored it and instead I turned away from the purple haired giant. 

I wasn't really angry if anything I was...hurt? I was afraid that they'd leave me just like he did. Shaking away the thoughts, I walked into the shower room and into a stall. After removing my clothes, I turned on the water making sure it was a satisfying temperature, instead of my usual standing there. I began to clean myself. 

I know I shouldnt be too harsh, after all, they are not him but, fear isn't something that is easily overcome. The more I thought about their heartbroken faces the more I felt my heartache. They were different, none of them were smart enough to fake emotions. Not even Akashi, the self-proclaimed genius, could display mock emotions. No matter how hard he tried. 

Turning off the water with a sigh, I dried myself off before walking out of the locker room, towel around my waist. I had left my uniform in my bag so that It wouldn't get wet. 

"Natsu," Jumping, I looked up, a hand covering my chest as if trying to sooth my fast beating heart. Standing there in the locker room was Kuroko, his usual blank look on his face but if you look closely you can see the heartache in his eyes. 

Suppressing a sigh, I walked to my locker and pulled out my clothing. Slipping on my underwear under the towel, I avoided Kuroko's gaze as I responded, "What?" My voice was back to its usual lazed tone. 

"Can we talk? The others left, and we have the same first class." Buttoning my shirt, I turned around to look at him, then at the clock. I had the time, so why not. 

Pulling on my school shoes after making sure my uniform was on properly, I nodded and looked at the teal-haired boy.  He let out a sound of relief as he followed me out the door, "Natsu, on behalf of all of us I am apologizing. The others wanted to as well but we decided one at the time was the better option. We never meant to hide it from you, nor did we mean to ignore you these past two days." Listening to his explanation, I did not say a word when he paused to look at me. Taking that as a signal to continue, the teal haired boy did so, "Over the weekend we all were talking, after Aomine told us what happen we panicked. I mean who wouldn't, one of our rivals confessed before we did."

He let out a dry laugh before his tone went flat once more. "We thought you'd choose him before we could even get a chance to properly confess. And when he told us he kissed you, I was full of envy. I'm sure the others were too. "

Furrowing my eyebrows, I turned to look at him, "Why did you guys think id choose Aomine?" I wasn't saying I wouldn't, but I was curious about why they thought I would. Usually, people would doubt that their love interest would pick one of their rivals over them, but the way Kuoko said that line made it seem like he was so sure. 

"Why wouldn't you? He's perfect and currently probably the only person who could keep up with you on the court. You are closer to him than the rest of us." Was his answer. 

"I'm close to all of you, I don't necessarily have any favorites out of friends." Sure, I hang out with Aomine a lot and he's closer towards my skill set than anyone else on the team at the moment but still. That did not mean he had an advantage or that he was my favorite in the group. "Plus, you guys could not have been mad if I had chosen him. You all never confessed-"

"Then let me now." Kuroko's voice was loud and full of emotion, unlike his usual. He stopped and stood in front of me, since we were the same height, save for a few centimeters, we did not have to tilt our heads to maintain eye contact. Grabbing my hands, Kuroko stood tall in front of me. "Natsuru, ever since our first year together, I've liked-- no, loved you. I still do, so much it physically hurts sometimes. Even though I'm practically useless on the court sometimes, you never fail to encourage me. You are kind, funny, attractive, smart, everything I could ever want in a lover."

I was in shock, not knowing what to say but it seems as if I didn't need to, not even a millisecond later, I felt a pair of slightly chapped lips against mines. The kiss was only a second long but it was just a sweet as Aomines, after pulling away. The teal haired boy looked at me, his baby blue eyes meeting my forest green ones, with a small smile on his face. He connected out foreheads before whispering in a small barely audible voice. 

"I love you, Kigamiki Natsuru."

***

I gave myself the feelz with that last part, it's so cute

~Lilah