Chapter 20

I wish I could restart my life, maybe then I won't take naps for granted as a child.

Kagamiki Natsuru

"By fall we will be third years. The top of the middle school food chain." Hiro sighed out, resting his chopsticks against his lips as he looked up at the sky.

"That's true, and then after that is high school, were we will drop right back down to the bottom and start all over." Jiro, his twin, added stealing a piece of beef off Hiro's tray.

Hiro didn't mind, he isn't a big eater like his twin brother was.

"Only two more months." Momoi nodded, looking over at me as if expecting me to add on. I didn't though, I felt no need to. I wasn't overly excited about becoming a third year, we are expected to take entrance exams and start thinking about our future, stressing stuff like that.

Aomine use to think the same way, so did Murasakibara and Kise. They felt there was no need to start stressing out about the future when we aren't even old enough to apply to college.

Plus Aomine decided he was gonna become a famous basketball player years ago and hadn't felt as though college would help him gain fame, after high school he wanted to move to America and join a team.

Kise felt the same but for him if basketball didn't work out he could fall back and become a actor or a model. A baker or pastry chef in Murasakibara's case.

To be completely honest, in our group of friends only Akashi, Midorima, and Momoi gave serious thought about the future. They know what high school they want to attend, what college, type of job. They practically have their entire lives planned out, quite dull of you ask me.

The sound of fingers snapping in my face caused me to sigh and open my eyes, brushing away the thoughts my of friends, if I could still even call them that.

After opening my eyes I was met with a shower of pink hair, drooping down a few inches from actually touching my face. Seeing that I was now focused, Momoi frowned before speaking, "Lunch ended, the twins are already gone but are you okay? You were out of it?"

Waving my hand, I sat up a frown forming on my face. I'm pretty sure Momoi already knows the answer to her asked questions.

It's been a month since the Miricles confessed their feeling towards me. For the first two days afterwards they were calling and texting me non stop, asking for my answer, but after that they just stopped.

Surprisingly enough they started to avoid me. No matter how much a text or call them, they never answer. And when I try to talk to them during class or practice they always manage to get away.

It was because of them ignoring me did I actually befriend the twins. They are second years too, and on the first string team. They have been for as long as myself and the others have been to be completely honest.

I felt bad when they told me this, like I was ignoring them for so long even though we have played in Tom's of games together. They didn't mind though, they said it was the fault of both sides since neither side tried to get to know each other.

The twins were fun to be around. As much as I feel guilty for saying this, I mainly hang around them because both of them hold certain personality traits that remind me of the miricles.

Jiro was quiet, hardworking and doesn't really have talent for basketball but he is hard working. He's a complete sweets addict, and can eat ten times his weight. He's serious and stern, he's really caring but he doesn't like to show people he's not close with.

Hiro on the other hand is his complete opposite. He's loud, lazy, and he has a talent for spots. He's hates sweets and gets full after a single meal. He's almost never serious and is usually seen with a smile on his face or laughing. He is also overly affectionate, a big hugger as I found out five minutes after me met. He latches on to me every chance he gets.