Chapter 23

I'm sorry but I ran out of damns to give.

Kigamki Natsuru

"Well, Natsuru, what do you say?" My green eyes snapped to look at red ones across from me. Licking my lips, I thought about it for a second before finding my answer. Looking around once more, I opened my mouth,

"No, I do not accept your offer."

+*+*+

The table was silent, the rest of the fast food place seemed to have grown quite as well as if they all were waiting for their reaction with me. A glance around the room confirmed this assumption because every person in the room seemed to have been looking or leaning in our direction. 

This discovery almost made me feel bad, keyword - almost.

Why should I feel bad about rejecting their 'offer'. They made it seem like the best thing in the word and to some, it would be but it wasn't for me. They made it seem like I was an object, a toy they found and decided to share amongst themselves through the week. 

That wasn't even the worst part of it, it was the fact they made this decision without asking how I would feel. Sure they are asking me now but what's the point of asking now when you could have in the beginning? The way the described it made it seem like they thought for sure I would agree. If that's the case then obviously they don't know me that well. 

That's the answer that was given after Aomine let out a small "Why?", his voice cracked slightly even though he was only speaking that single word. Upon hearing my words it seemed like a spark when off and they all began to speak up, explaining themselves and their actions. 

It wasn't until Midorima asked, "What else were we supposed to do?" That I snapped. 

"What else you could do? Oh, well, I don't know, ask! You six took it upon yourself to solve a problem that isn't even yours to solve if we are being completely honest. You ignore me for weeks then come up to me joke around and then deliver this-this... I don't even know what this is." I yelled out, too upset to lower my voice.

 I wanted to cry, but I refused to cry over something like this. They were silent, their eyes no longer on me but on the table or their hands. Taking a deep breath, I ran my fingers through my hand before looking over the six that surrounded me. 

"I'm actually disappointed. I thought we were friends, I-I thought if we had problems we talk to each other about them not ignore them and come up with a solution that would hurt them." No matter how hard I tried I couldn't stop the sole tear that slid down my cheek, "I actually thought we could get over all this, that some shitty, undeveloped, feelings made from teenage confusion wouldn't break us up but now look. Those shitty feeling ruined yet another friendship." 

The last part was said in a whisper but I'm sure with how quiet it was inside of the room it sounded like a shout. Not wanting to be around them anymore I stood up and was about to exit to the booth when a voice spoke out, "These feeling are shitty for all of us, do you honestly think we would take a risk this big if these feelings of ours weren't that strong? That we would risk losing probably the best person in our lives over having them?" 

I looked down at Kuroko but my eyes only met the top of his head. Although I couldn't see his eyes, I saw two small clear drops on the table, shaded by his hair, two drops that told me the pale teen was crying as well. My heart lurched that the thought of me being the cause of him crying and almost immediately I have to urge to comfort him but I restrained myself. 

They ignored me for god knows how long and ruined our friendship, there's no way am I the one who should feel bad. This situation is not my fault unless I somehow managed to ask for them to fall for me.