Chapter 8

Don't you dare call me lazy. Just so you know I'm busy turning oxygen into carbon dioxide.

Kigamki Natsuru

"Oi! Natsu, what took you so long?."

"Natsuru, hello."

"Natsu-chin, hurry~, I heard there is a sale at the bakery down the street from the theaters."

"How are you today, Natsuru-kun?"

"Hmph."

"Guys, save the greetings for later. The movie starts in twenty minutes and we still need to buy the tickets and snacks."

Before I could respond to their greetings, Momoi grabbed my arm along with Kuroko's as he dragged the two of us inside the theater. We are now on summer vacation, technically we should be at a training camp in the mountains but due to an accident up there our camp was canceled.

Looking down at his watch, Akashi hummed before stating, "Momoi, is right. We only have less than twenty minutes to get everything. It would've been thirty if someone had gotten here earlier." When he said the word 'someone' all eyes immediately flew to me.

"So much shade, Aka-chan," Wincing under the glare Akashi sent to me, I continued, "It wasn't my fault, there was a pregnant woman who was going into labor and needed my help getting her to the hospital."

"Lies," Coughed Midorima, looked back at him I sent him a blank look. I would've glared but glaring takes energy, plus it ruins your face. I may not look like it, but I actually prize my face.

Opening my mouth I was about to respond when Momoi took a sudden stop in front of the theater doors, jerking both me and Kuroko who was being dragged along. Looking down at her phone she stated that we only have fifteen minutes left now.

Walking up to the stand she ordered seven tickets, pulling out 200 yen I handed to her along with the rest of us except for Aomine who claimed that Momoi should pay for him since she is knee deep in debt with him.

"It's the other way around, baka." Nevertheless, Momoi sighed as she pulled out 400 yen for both her and Aomine. Thanking the man, she grabbed the tickets and handed two to Aomine, Murasakibara, and I. "You three, since you're the biggest eaters go pick enough food for all of us," She gave Akashi, Midorima, and Kuroko their tickets as well, "You three will go choose the seats. As for me, I'm gonna visit the restrooms. We only have about seven minutes now so work fast."

"Hai," Everyone but Akashi and Midorima said before breaking off into our separate groups. After asking what everyone wanted to drink, Aomine, Murasakibara and I headed off towards the food counter. Thankfully, we did have to wait long since the man in front of us only wanted a box of skittles.

After a rushed order that consisted of four large bags of popcorn, four large and two medium drinks and about sixteen boxes of candy. We headed towards our theater room, with a good two minutes to spare, we entered the room and headed over to the section Akashi texted to us. It didn't take long, four neon like heads helped us find them in no time.

"Natsu, sit here," Akashi stated while gesturing to the empty seat between himself and Kuroko. On my left sat, Akashi, Midorima, Murasakibara. While my right side consisted of Kuroko, Momoi, Aomine, and a single empty seat. Aomine and Murasakibara had their own popcorn bags while Kuroko and Momoi shared one, and I ate out of one along with Akashi and Midorima who would often reach over and picked a few out since Murasakibara refused to share his with him.

Throughout the movie, I would often catch the others glancing at me out of the corner of my eyes, well, except for Momoi who was completely engrossed inside of the horror movie we agreed on watching. By we, I mean them. I, by no means, have anything against horror movies but when the movie consists of a mix of clowns and puppets, the top two on my fear list, then, of course, I would feel uncomfortable.

The stares that I feel aren't helping either, although my face was inside of its usual blank mask, I could feel it slowly slipping with each passing second. Holding my breath, I wiped my sweaty hands on my pants while trying to stubbly adverse my gaze from the screen when the creepy music began to play, a signal that something bad was about to happen.

I was scanning the backs of the heads of the people in front of me for the hundredth time that evening when I felt a small, cold hand grasp my own. Looking to my right, I saw Kuroko flash me a small, barely noticeable smile before looking back at the screen while taking a sip of his drink. I mentally thanked Kuroko's, kind heart.

With a small squeeze from my right hand, I felt my nerve settle for a moment before they were set into a frenzy over something else. This something was the small, pale hand of my new found teammate and why I was so worried about whether or not he was silently judging how clammy and sweaty my hands must feel.

***

"Wow, that movie was great! Especially the scene when that child came in dressed like a clown and gutted that girl in front of the rest of her friends. Their looks of terror when he did was awesome. Also-" Toning out on Momoi's rumblings, I slowed down so that I was walking between Murasakibara and Akashi.

"Hello, Natsu," Akashi nodded at me with a slight smile on his face.

"Hiya, Aka-chan, Mura-chan. Did you two enjoy the movie?" I asked, holding a hand out towards Murasakibara. Silently asking him for one of his candies.

"It was alright," I silently cheered when Murasakibara handed me and strawberry flavored lollipop.

"That's nice, how about you Aka-chan?" Unwrapping the lolly, I placed it into my mouth before looking over at Akashi, waiting for his answer.

"It was fine, I didn't quite like the fact about how overdramatic it was but other than that It was okay. And you, Natsu?" Akashi hummed before focusing his sharp red-maroon eyes on me.

"I didn't mind it, but if I had the choice I wouldn't watch it again." Technically the truth. Although, both Akashi and I bonded a bit over the dinner our families hosted three weeks ago, I would rather not tell him about my fears at the moment. Even though Akashi is a kind person, he could be pretty sadistic when he wishes to be.

"Oh~" Murasakibara spoke up, his gaze lazily focused on me as well, "Could it be that Natsu-chin was scared."

Thankfully, I took the lollipop out of my mouth for a second or else I'd probably be choking on it. "I-I was not scared, Mura-chan. I just am not fond of clowns." I stated while pulling the lolly back into my mouth, shrugging slightly for more effect. Before either Akashi or Murasakibara could respond, Aomine shouted at us to hurry up since the bakery closes in an hour.

Before I could rush ahead, Akashi called out, "This conversation isn't over, well talk about it later."

Turning around so that I could walk backward, I flashed the two a sarcastic smile and a thumbs up, responding with an equally sarcastic, "Can't wait!" Before turning back around and slightly jogging up to the others who all had confusion written on their faces.

***

Boom! One story updated.

Anyway, Heyo Peoples! I am so, so, so, so, so sorry for not updating in like, forever. But I started this new anime and once you start watching something it's hard to stop and focus on anything else. This is also the reason why I have a D-, as my final grade in world literature for this quarter. And as someone who slightly prides myself in keeping my grades up at by at least 80%, I'm in tears.

On another note, I will start dedicating chapters to people who manage to find anime or song references inside of my chapters from here on out, so work hard!

~Liliah

P.S. Does anyone know any good anime fanfictions I can read. Like they can be yaoi or they can have male!oc with no romance, or if the male!oc does have romance can it be yaoi. Idk, I find heterosexual fanfics cliche and overrated. Or you can recommend manga or anime to watch. It can be something you love or something you wrote, I don't mind.