Chapter 19

No one loves me more than myself, and I really hate myself.

Kigamiki Natsuru

"Hey, Nat-Kun, wait for me!" Turning around, I was met with the sight of a jogging Momoi who was head straight for me. Grunting briefly, I turned fully around just as she was a few meters in front of me. 

By the time she saw close enough to talk to without yelling, she slowed down her pace, bending over with her hands on her knees as she sturggled to properly inhale air.  

"Mo-chan-"I paused when the gasping her held up a single index finger, signaling me to wait until she caught her breath all the way. 

After a few long moments, she finally managed to inhale enough air so that she was no longer huffing so loudly. I watched as she straightened herself out before walking calmly up to me as if she wasn't just dying a few seconds ago. 

"Nat-kun! How lovely it is to see you so early in the morning. I thought your skip morning practice after..." She trailed off, allowing the air to become awkward. Shaking her head, she flashed me a huge smile before looping her arm with mines and began to walk in the opposite direction from the gym. "Anyway, forget them, today I decided to take you out. God knows how stressed you must be after all those confessions.Speaking of confessions, now I at least know why Kuroko-kun doesn't pay me no attention. I don't really mind much, at least he's happy I guess? Im still kinda upset but oh well, oh yeah, also-" 

I zoned out after that, not really wanting to hear Momoi gush about the members and their confessions. 

Like I said before, I don't mind that they confessed, Im glad they got it off their chest but at the same time I wish that they didn't. It's not the fact that they are guys, I mean even I've had my far share of male crushes but its--I don't know. 

Because we are teammates? Friends? 

Yeah, thats probably it, if I were to acknowledge their confessions then that mean I would be acknowledging their feelings for me, and if I do that then that'll make things..whats the word. 

Troublesome? Difficult? No, those aren't it, it's more like. 

"Awkward." I felt Momoi stop her walking and turn towards me when I had accidentally said the words out loud. 

"Awkward? Why do you think that format is awkward? Is it because you have to team up with Muraskibara?" The pinkette asked, her thin eyebrows furrowing in confusion. 

Realizing she much have been talking about new basketball strategies, I imminently denied her comment, "No, its not that. Im sure since you thought of it the format will be great. Sorry. I was lost in thought and zoned out." 

Her confusion melted away with my words and instead she began beeping again, "Ah, I see, thinking about what boy you'll choose as your bae?" 

Now it was my turn to be confused, "Bae? Wha- Momoi no, I was thinking about how things will be now." 

Momoi made a notice of either understanding or frustration before stopping once more, however this time she stood in front of me, arms cross and a serious look on her face. 

"And you think things will be awkward? Why? Because they are male, Natsuru thats homopho-" 

"No! Its not that, jeez Momoi." I had to pause her before she could fully begin to rant. When I said that her face changed into once of confusion once again.

"Then what?" 

Sighing, I raised a hand up and began to play with my bangs. Wanting to be literally anywhere else but here. "We are friends, best friends even and if I choose someone then-"

"The others might get upset, Nat-Kun." She voice was now soft as she looked at me with eyes of concern. "You do realize that'll never happen, friendships that are strong don't just break because of relationships." 

I raised an eyebrow at her words, "How can you be so sure, Id rather not lose friends because of some stupid feelings that I don't even have. I mean, what do I even do, If I pick one then the others will be upset, but if I choose none they all will be waiting and asking me to choose them then if I deny then they'll also be upset this is a really crappy situation and I hate it. I don't even know what to do."

Sighing, Momoi pulled me into a hug. It wasn't until she told me not to cry did I even realize that I was doing so. She pat my hair and whispered calming words, it worked, but it became uncomfortable fast seeing the height difference. Since I was still about a inch or so shorter and she pulled me down against her chest. 

However, she didn't seem to mind and neither did I really, so we just stayed that way for a while, just hugging each other. 

It wasn't until some random old man yelled at them to stop the PDA did they pull away from one another. Momoi's cheeks a blazing red while my face remained blank. 

After a few seconds, Momoi cleared her throat and grabbed my arm dragging me away again. By now we were about a block or so away from the school, realizing this I asked Momoi about it only getting a laugh in response. 

"It's a surprise, so just follow me. Don't worry though, I won't confess." The last bit was said in a joking tone causing me to roll my eyes and push her away. 

"No, no, please do. Once you do then id have the whole rainbow." My voice was practically dripping in sarcasm, causing the pink eyed girl to laugh. 

"Nah, you'd need a orange haired person to confess, but don't worry I know one, he's nice." She winked. 

"Please don't, thanks." Once again she burst out in laugher even though I did not say anything partially funny. 

"Why not?!" She gasped out through her giggles, "What's the harm in adding one more? I mean, you already have a harem, a yoai one at that!" Since she yelled out the last part, everyone turned to look at us strangely, and that was the moment I almost unfriended her. 

***

Heyo peoples! 

This is a bit of a filter chapter but a chapter nevertheless. 

Also, I dedicate this chapter to my besets internet friend Mikala, she's been have a rough time and all so hopefully this chapter makes her smile a bit. I love you bitch *makes finger hearts* I really do. 

Oh an before I forget, people have been asking me in the PM about the magi book and when I will post it so I will give the date now: 

Rare will be on wattpad March 1st, 2019. 

~Lilah