Chapter 17

Put yourself before others once and you're called a selfish narrcastic person. 

Kigamiki Natsuru

It was finally quiet, the banging on my door had came to a sudden stop hours ago when Nakami came back home and chased my teammates away. As annoying as he is, I'm glad to have him around for reason like this. 

It's was now two in the morning yet I was wide awake. I know I shouldn't be, theres school tomorrow and I promised the couch and Momoi I'd come to morning practice the following day. I would skip but I really don't want to hear the step-monster's scolding as she yells out reason why I should not skip school for dumb reasons. 

Feeling my phone vibrate for what feels like the millionths time that day, I allowed myself to look at it, couscous about who could possibly be texting me at the ungodly hour. Upon seeing the name I scoffed. 

Midorima. 

I pegged him as the type to be in bed by seven so that he doesn't ruin is sleep schedule. I mean, after all the times the green haired male yelled at me about staying up late I have the right to be shocked. Reading the message I wanted to toss my phone across the room. 

'Im sorry'

Why? Why do they keep saying this? They didn't do anything wrong you can't help who you fall for so why?

Clicking my tongue, I landed down on my back, raising my left arm to cover my eyes as I continued to dwell on earlier events. 

"I figured you'd be up here."  A bag was placed on the ground next to my head. Opening my eyes, I was imminently met with Midorima's glasses covered ones.

I held back a groan and instead opted for a low humming sound instead. Not bothering to sit up, I kept my eyes locked on the greenest who laid out his jacket and sat on that rather than the cement below. 

Before the taller teen had arrived I had been resting on the rooftop in Aomine and I's usual hiding spot. The spot was pretty shady, one of the reasons we loved this spot so much. On sunny days like this it prevented the sunlight from interrupting our--or my--naps. 

The thought of the times the dark blue haired boy and I had up here caused my stomach to tense up. It was uncomfortable, but not painfully so. 

"Does your stomach hurt?" Midorima's words bought me back. Looking over at him, I furrowed my eyebrows at his words. Upon seeing my confusion, the other boy continued, "You were rubbing your stomach." 

Opening my mouth, I let out a almost silent, "Oh," before waving my hand in a nonchalant gesture, silently letting the other boy know I was alright. Flopping my head over in his direction. 

It was then did I notice how tense the greenette was. His eyebrows were furrowed as he squeezed the bottle in his hands. 

Just as I was about to ask what was wrong, the taller boy reached into his bag and took out a small black box before handing it over to me, awkwardly if I say so myself. 

Looking at the box then back at the slightly blushing male, I asked, "What is this?" Only getting a muttered, 'Open it' as my answer. 

Sitting up, I opened the small case, immediatly closing it afterwards. 

"Midorima, you-"

"Its your lucky item, and its a gift." The speckled teen rushed out, not even turning to look at me properly. 

Sighing, I held it out to him, "Maybe it is but I really can't accept. It's a ring for chist sake. It almost like your-"

"Purposing?" The taller male said, cutting me off once again. I nodded my head in response, although his back was turned it was like he could see my response because he let out a dry laugh. "Yeah, I know." 

Deciding not to respond, I waited for the greenette to continue. Ive known him long enough to know he wasn't finished speaking yet. 

I was correct because after a few deep breaths, the green haired teen turned to look at me. Pink dusting across his cheeks and his eyes met mines, full of determination. 

"I-I really like you, a lot. When. I'm with you I feel like the luckiest person in the world. When you're around I always try my hardest to impress you and for months I was confused until one late night last year when I hit me. I feel so lucky around you because you're...you. Kigamiki Natsuru, my  altimeter favorite, 100% guaranteed, one of a kind lucky item." 

Although his words where extremely cheesy, I felt my heart rate increase. 

"B-but, its a ring!"

"Yes, but not an engagement ring so don't worry, I'm not purposing to you." As I was about to let out a small sigh of relief the green haired boy spoke up once again sending my panic overboard, "As if I would purpose with such a cheap ring, if I were to purpose I would get the most expensive ring I could afford." 

The last bit was said in a joking tone but his eyes said otherwise. Groaning, I laid back down and placed an arm over my face. For the next few minutes it was quiet, but I knew the taller male hadn't left yet due to the shuffling that would accrue every few seconds. 

Hearing a bell ring in the distance, I willed myself to get up. Usually I would skip and nap but I had a test this period and Liz would never let me hear the end of it if she found out I had skipped it. 

As I was grabbing my bag, Midorima spoke up, "Natsuru, at least think about it. I know Im not as athletic as Aomine, or as attractive as Kiss. Nor can I cook as good as Muraskibara or listen as well as Kuroko. Heck Im not even as smart or as rich as Akashi, but, If you give me a chance Im pretty curtain I can bring you happiness. More so than the others." 

A frown arched across my face, I wanted to tell him that wasn't true. That he was just as good as the other but for some reason the word caught in my throat. So instead of telling the saddening boy his worth, I leave the rooftop. Ignoring the dull ache in my chest while doing so. 

***

Y'all, im sick sick but I felt the need to update something to hopefully this will due. Sorry its short, next chapter will be better and long, I promise. 

Also, before I forget. I have a new book coming out. It called 'Rare' and it's an Magi fanfic. If your love Magi x Male oc, then Im sure you'll love this book. 

Here's the bio: 

"How rare it is to find a human with no magi relations so beloved by the Rukh, it's quite rare indeed."

+++

A story following 15 year old Karmi, a mortal boy with the Rukh reserves of a full fledged Magi. 

Pretty crappy bio but the story isn't I swear. 

-Lilah