Chpater 26

One day you'll look back at your childhood self and think, what a dumbass.

Natsuru Kigamiki

"In six months we'll be middle schoolers." Adain's words caught both Avary and I off guard. We had just been talking about this skating anime Avary had started to watch' he'd been explaining how the two main characters where clearly gay for each other yet they werent officially dating.

Humming I unwrapped my lemon flavored and popped it in my mouth using my tounge to swish it around a bit before settling it in my cheek to speak, "Yeah, it sucks we are going to different schools." I frowned at the thought, Dad was expanding his buisness and because of that we had to move to Tokyo.

Feeling a weight on both of my legs I looked down and saw the twins laying on my lap. A while ago the twins "claimed" a theigh to rest on since mines was, and I qoute, "Comfy with the perfect fat to muscle ratio."

Avary had settled with my right leg while Adain had my left. Whenever they had the chance they would lay on me. This seems normal but for some reason whenever they did this my face would grow warm and my heart would race.

It wasnt even just that, whenever the twins would look at me or even make physical contact with me id get flustered.

I didnt really understand what was happening until one sleep over the twin cuddled up to me and my heart felt like it was going to burst. Out of panic I shoved the two away and yelled out for my brother in fear I was having a heart attack or something.

That night my brother explained what my feelings were -after laughing at my awkwardness.

'From what youre saying it's most likely love.'

Those where the words he said. Of coarse me being a nieve 11 year old, I had asked what love was.

'Love is something you cant properly put in words. Its an strong emotion that makes everything seem brighter and livelier. Like how i feel when I see you!'

Even now i still dont fully understand the topic of love but theres one thing I understand more than anything else,

These twins make my dull life glow bright with the joy of life.

Sighing, I ran each hand through their soft brown locks, my head tilted back towards the sky, "Yeah it sucks, you guys havent even gotten the chance to beat me in one-on-one, or should I say two-on-one?" My soft giggles was cut short by a yelp as both of my theighs were pinched. "How rude." I huffed out while gently tigging on their hair.

"You started it..." Avary started.

"We just ended it." Followed Adain.

My nose scrunched up at their creepy habit yet I didnt say anything instead I resumed my playing in their hair.

"Hey, you better keep in touch with us Nat-chan. If you don't we'll return to Japan and kidnap you before locking you in our basement so only the two of us can see you forever."

I rose and eyebrow at Avary's words, it didnt really bother me that much the duo tended to say weird stuff like that. Once Adain threated to commit murder after I had explained how an underclassman had confessed to me. I didnt understand why, I still don't. Maybe he was jealous of me because a girl actually liked my face.

Unwillingly, a loud snort crawled up my throat catching their attention.

"Yeah right." I whispered, but it seemed they heard me because right after the twins sat up and looked at me, heads tilted in confusion with a look on their face that I couldnt quite place.

"We are serious Nat-kun,"

"Yeah dont think we are joking, you have our number, email, social media, and we told you we will send you our new address when we find out so you can send letters if you need to."

"You wont have any excuse, time differences wont matter either."

"We will call you before school at 8am,"

"That will be 4pm in Tokyo."

"Plus after school activities will start at 4:10pm at the latest."

"10 mimites is low but it'll sue until we graduate."

I stiffened briefly at their tag team statement before relaxing and shsking my head. "Wow, did you guys really think that far ahead? Thats impressive, besides what makes you so certain our friendship will last that long? Elementary school friendships rarely make it to middle school, let alone when the said friends arent at the same school. Imagine how it'll go if we are in different countries."

Even though my words broke my heart I knew it was true, middle school means growing up and when you grow up you change, then things happen and before you know it people who were once your friends are now strangers who wont even glance your way, good times forgotten in the past.

My trip down depression road was stopped by two warm hands on my each cheek. Looking at the twins, I saw them looking at me with a soft look on their face, yet i can see the pain and heartbroken look in their eyes.

"Natsuru, i can ensure we are forever." Adain spoke first, his voice unmoving and stern, it matched the look on his face.

"Yeah, even if you were to say you dont want anything to do with us anymore we will remain there in your corner waiting for you to return to us." Avary added, his thumb stroking my cheek ever so softly, tempting me to lean in closer to his soft warm palm.

Smiling at their words, I grabbed their hands and laced their fingers with my own, "Idiots, sane goes for me. As long as you want me there I'll be here, and when you say go away I shall, but even then I wont fully disappear. Why would I? After all we made a promise, a promise to be

The bestest friends forever and ever."

+++

This chspter is wack just like me. But im gonna try to update more. The small unofficial hatius is over. After these flashbacks I might make an omake of when the GOM fell for Natsuru, when they realized their feelings and how they felt when they confessed.

Its gonna be 6 chapters, each chapter will be in the given memebers point of view.

Also, have you guys watched Melanie Martinez's film? If so, whats your favorite song(s)?

Mines is either show & tell, lunchbox friends, or the principal.

~Lilah

Bonus a song I'm obsessed with RN for some reason.