Chapter 1

Disclaimer- I do not own Harry Potter. I only own the plot of this particular fanfiction. The amazing world of HP is all J.K. Rowling. She is so inspiring, and I love her completely for writing this amazing series.

A/N This my first fanfic so I really hope you guys like it! Also, yeah, I dedicated this to myself, by the end of the story, I hope you find that I deserve it! I will be changing point of views often so I will write in bold whenever I change it, Thanks and enjoy!

Warning: This is not a story about two crayons falling in love, you have been warned.

*Hermione POV*

I couldn't believe it, I was going back to Hogwarts! A large, tawny owl flew in through my window with a letter sealed with what I knew to be the Hogwarts seal. I read the letter three times before I would allow myself to believe it. I was going to see Harry, Ron, Ginny, and everyone else again!

This past Summer, after the wizarding war, I went to Australia to see if I could lift the memory charm off of my parents, but when I got there, I saw that they had adopted twins, one little girl, and one little boy, making me feel more alone than ever. I couldn't take away their new, happy life. So I went back to the house where we had all lived. But now, I could put that behind me, and finish my education at Hogwarts.

I owled Ron because I knew he would tell Harry and all the Weasleys, that I was coming back to Hogwarts! I had to study really hard for my N.E.W.T.'s to fulfill my dreams of working in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures at the Ministry of Magic. I was so excited, term starts tomorrow!

*Draco POV*

I was so surprised when a school owl flew through my window with a letter addressed to me. I read it, I read it again, why would the school invite me, an ex-death eater, a bully to be frank, back to finish my education? Somehow, I suspected that Dumbledore's portrait had something to do with this. I was nervous but very grateful to be given a second chance, though I doubted the students would be as forgiving as the teachers. I didn't have many friends, mostly just followers, and I doubt I'd have many anymore, now that I was classified as "He-who-must-not-be-named's pet death eater's kid." Yeah I know, long title.

I had to be honest with myself, one of the reasons I was glad to go back was because what I really wanted to pursue, was a career being an Auror. Of course, I couldn't tell anyone that because they'd think I was crazy, or somehow planning to infiltrate the Ministry from the inside. 

The other reason was that, since I knew that Granger, Potter, Weasel, and Weaslette were going to go back, I wanted to have a fresh start with all of them, and maybe even make some actual friends for once. Once I got back, I would try to be less intimidating to my fellow Slytherins. Even with my guard up, I rather liked Blaise, Daphne, Gregory, and Vincent, I'm sure I could even learn to tolerate Pansy.

With my father in Azkaban, where he could never hurt anyone again, I felt safer, but also more lonely. Even if he was evil, he was still my father and now the only family I had was my mother who had become very distant and weak lately since Lucius had been put away. I felt bad to leave her, but I resolved to owl her at least once a month to check on how she was. Ready or not, I thought to myself, term starts tomorrow.

*Hermione POV*

I packed my trunk, shoved a hissing Crookshanks into his cage, did all the necessary safety charms in the house just in case, and apparated to King's Cross Station. I could barely contain myself. 

I saw the Weasleys and Harry, I, quite literally, ran toward them and jumped into Ron and Harry's arms. They hugged me tightly, then I hugged Ginny, Mrs. Weasley, Percy, George, and Fred.