Chapter 11

*Draco POV*

The next day, Hermione and I walked to the Great Hall, hand in hand, for Breakfast. I walked to the Slytherin table, and Hermione, to the Gryffindor one. I saw her sit next to Potter and Weaslette. Then, Weasel entered the hall. I clenched my fists absentmindedly. He sat down next to Hermione, she leaped up.

Weasel said something I didn't catch. Then Hermione 'said' something I am pretty sure that everyone in Hogwarts heard...

"HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME AFTER YESTERDAY! I HAVE OWLED YOUR MOTHER AND I HOPE SHE DISOWNS YOU, YOU MISS EXCUSE FOR A WIZARD! YOU OUGHT TO BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF! NEVER TALK TO ME AGAIN YOU FOUL LOATHSOME EVIL LITTLE COCKROACH!"

"YOU USED TO CALL HIM THAT! YOU USED TO LOVE ME AND HATE HIM, WHAT CHANGED?"

"I USED TO CALL HIM THAT BECAUSE HE USED TO DESERVE IT! WHAT CHANGED IS THE FACT THAT YOU ARE AN ABUSIVE ALCOHOLIC! DRACO IS TWICE THE MAN YOU WILL EVER BE AND I LOVE HIM! IF YOU EVER TRY TO INTERFERE OR TOUCH ME EVER AGAIN, I WILL HEX YOU INTO OBLIVION, RONALD WEASLEY!"

Hermione ran out of the hall and Weasel followed her. I jumped up and ran after them both. They were both running so fast, I'm surprised I ever caught up to them. Weasley was trying to explain himself,

"I'm so sorry Hermione, I really wish we could go back to how we were."

"Friends?" She asked hopefully.

"No, something more."

"How many times do I have to tell you before you get into your thick head. I love Draco AND NOT YOU, YOU SON OF A BANSHEE!"

"But, I-I." Hermione slapped him across the face and stormed off. I approached him, and he cowered away.

"What do you want Malfoy," he spat, getting some of his old bravado back.

"What she said," I sneered.

I met Hermione back at our house. She was reading a book. Why wasn't I surprised? 

"Are you ok?"

"Sure," she answered. I was pretty sure she wasn't.

"Are you sure?" She sighed and paused.

"I don't know," she finally said, "Everything I thought I knew is falling apart. First, my best friend keeps trying to kiss me. My other best friend is sure to turn on me eventually. My supposed lifelong enemy, whom I now love, is my fiancee. And my parents don't remember I exist." She buried her face in her hands.

I patted her back in comfort.

*Hermione POV*

Draco patted my back. I smiled at his gesture of trying to make me feel better. We sat like that for a while. Before we knew it, it was already time for lunch. 

"We should probably go, they'll be wondering where we are."

"Yeah, let's go."

Draco turned to the door.

"Draco wait!" He turned around.

"Thank you."

"Anything for my fiancee." He smiled.

I took his hand, and we walked down to lunch. As usual, he invited me to sit with him at the Slytherin table. They had brought back the House tables and said that couples could sit together only if they decided to. 

Usually, I declined his offer, but today I smiled and agreed. He seemed surprised. He led me to his table. We had plenty of space because Blaise was with Luna at the Ravenclaw table. We sat with Pansy. She smiled at us.

"Still having problems with Ron," I asked.

"Sort of. After classes, he goes, comes back drunk, then we shag, then we sleep, it's like routine," Pansy answered.

"Ok ew, way too much information but please let me know if he hurts you again. I'd like nothing better than to kill that Weasel," Draco put in.

"Will do," Pansy joked.

Suddenly, everyone at the Gryffindor table gasped. I looked up, so did Draco and Pansy. A frail, old owl, I recognized to be Errol, flew down to Ron, and he was holding a bright, red, Howler.

I heard Ron groan loudly. This would be fun to watch.

*Draco POV*

I watched as Weasel's owl dropped him the Howler. I looked at Hermione, she was smirking. I guessed that she had, indeed, owled Mrs. Weasley. I smirked too. Weasley was refusing to open it, that was a stupid move. Weaslette was obviously trying to get him to open it before...

It exploded with a bang and what I presumed to be Mrs. Weasley's voice, echoed through the hall as if she was there, yelling at them in the Great Hall using a Sonorus Charm.

"RONALD BILLIUS WEASLEY! HOW DARE YOU TOUCH HERMIONE WITHOUT HER CONSENT?!"

I looked at Hermione, she paled, but she was obviously still enjoying Weasley's embarrassment.

"IF I HEAR FROM HER AGAIN, I WILL TAKE YOU STRAIGHT HOME AND SNAP YOUR WAND MYSELF! YOU ARE ALWAYS THE ONE IN THE FAMILY TO CAUSE THE MOST PROBLEMS! BILL AND CHARLIE HAVE SUCCESSFUL JOBS! EVEN GEORGE IS DOING WELL, GINNY IS DOING WELL IN SCHOOL, AND YOU, ARE OFF BOTHERING HERMIONE! LEAVE HER ALONE! YOU ARE SHAMING THE WEASLEY FAMILY!"

Mrs. Weasley's voice then softened and said,

"Oh, and Hermione dear, please feel free to bring Draco over for Christmas if he wants, Arthur doesn't mind."

Everyone gaped open-mouthed at Weasley. He was as red as his hair. The few that weren't looking at him, were looking at me and Hermione. Hermione was pink. She tried to relieve the tension.

"So Draco, do you want to come to the Burrow this Christmas?"

"Uh, sure?" I said uncertainly.

Eventually, everybody went back to eating and chatting but me and Hermione stayed silent while Pansy yapped on about something. I wasn't focused, so when I felt a sharp pain on my shoulder, I was unprepared.

"Hey, what was that about?" I asked angrily. Hermione was also rubbing her shoulder. Pansy was sitting there with her arms crossed.

"I just gave you earth-shattering news and you two just sat there, looking like you were both sleeping with your eyes open."

"Oh," Me and Hermione said in unison. We went back to eating.

"Well?! Don't you want to know what the earth-shattering news was?"

"Not rea..." Hermione cut me off,

"Of course, Pansy, what happened?"

"Thank you, Hermione. Anyway, I'm pregnant!"

A/N So that was chapter 11, sorry it took so long to publish, I was busy, what with Halloween and all. So, I hope it was worth the wait! This chapter was 1079 words long! Love you all!