Chapter 9

A/N 101 VIEWS! Thank you so much whoever has stuck with me this far. I really hope you like this chapter. If any of you are true HP fans and want to try something new, I suggest hexrpg.com. It is a great HP site shown to me by my good friend Esha-with-an-i. If you want to friend me on it, I am sushicatguilloteen12. Thanks!

*Hermione POV*

Draco grasped my hand tightly and walked me inside. 

"Mother, we're home!" Draco called to his mother.

I saw the all too familiar hallway that led to my worst nightmare. Luckily, he walked me through the other passageway to a large room with a very fancy table. We sat at the table in silence for a few minutes until we heard footsteps down the long marble staircase.

"Oh Draco, I wasn't expecting you until..." She stopped when she saw me. I immediately felt petrified once again. "Oh... hello Miss Granger." The way she said my name made me want to melt into the ground

"Mother, this is Hermione, my fiancee."

"Yes, well, I made lunch for us."

"Thank you," I said in a small voice. Draco, noticing my discomfort, wrapped his arm around me. I was grateful for that.

Narcissa put lunch on the table. I gasped. There were so many dishes, who was supposed to eat them all? There was enough to feed an army. I saw a whole chicken, many large bowls of vegetables, some rice, mashed potatoes and gravy, and many others.

Narcissa must have noticed my expression because she said, "Oh, and I hope you don't mind, I invited our house elves to eat with us."

*Narcissa POV*

I knew at once that this was the right thing to say, right away, she broke into the first smile I had seen from her. So, she was a house elf supporter, good to know. I called my house elves,

"Binky, Teeky, Zippy, Folley, Torry, Loopy! Time for lunch!"

My six house-elves apparated in the dining room bowed to me and Draco and bent their heads respectfully to Hermione. Finally, Hermione cleared her throat and spoke,

"It is very nice to meet you all, Mrs. Malfoy, this looks amazing." I was amused.

"Narcissa is fine, and thank you." We all ate in silence, and I hated that, I had had way too much of that since Lucius, went away. I broke the silence,

"Hermione, I would like you to know that I am not at all like my husband or sister. I don't care whatsoever about your blood type. I would like you to feel safe in my house, and from now on, you are always welcome here. The only thing I care about is that Draco is happy. I know you two were forced into this thing, but I hope you two can make this work. I was betrothed to Lucius when I was 17, but even though he didn't turn out... quite as well as he could have, I love him. I am so very sorry for what my sister did to you, but you must understand that we are not all like that and that we couldn't stop her if we tried. Either she would have killed us, or the Dark Lord would have found out, and killed us. I hope you don't hold it against me, but I completely understand if you do. I am happy to welcome you to the Malfoy family."

I could tell she was very touched by my speech,

"Thank you so much Narcissa, that meant the world to me, I was so worried you wouldn't like me. I'm sure I and Draco can make it work to our advantage, and I am happy to join the Malfoy family if you would have me." 

That was nice of her to say, but my speech was still better than her's. Haha just kidding. Now, apparently, it was Draco's turn.

"You two are now the most important women in my life, and I am so glad that you are getting along." Well, that was short. And seriously getting along? What are we children? Hermione looked indignant and I could tell she was thinking the same thing I was. We both glared reproachfully at Draco. He didn't notice.

When they left an hour later, everyone was a lot less tense. I couldn't help but think how this wouldn't have worked at all if Lucius and Bella weren't in Azkaban.

*Draco POV*

I had it all planned out. I had asked Professor McGonagall and she said it was okay, now all that was left to do is ask Hermione to come. The major success lunch at Malfoy Manor certainly helped my plans.

"So, Hermione, you want to take a walk by the Black Lake with me?" I asked uncertainly.

"It's 6, we'll miss dinner."

"Please?" I tried. She smiled.

"Well okay, since you asked so nicely."

I grabbed her hand and walked her outside, it felt so good when Filch stopped us, to give him the letter from McGonagall, and he let us pass.

We walked outside and went to the lake. I led her to a secluded spot near some trees, where I had set up a picnic, she gasped.

 I led her to a secluded spot near some trees, where I had set up a picnic, she gasped

I assumed that meant she liked it.

"Oh Draco, this is wonderful, thank you so much!" She flung her arms around my neck. I held her tight, not wanting to ever let her go. We sat down and started to eat and chat.

"You never told me that your mother liked house elves. I may talk to her about S.P.E.W next time."

"You never asked, that is a good idea, she'll like the fact that you're actually doing something about it."

"Yeah, I can't believe she was so accepting. I was so scared."

"What's not to like?" I whispered quietly. She blushed as red as the sunset we were watching. Well, I thought, now is as good a time as ever.

"Hermione, I know we were both forced into this whole marriage thing, and I know neither of us was too happy about it at first. You were the only one willing to forgive me for all the horrible things I've done, even though I was more of a git to you than anyone else. Regardless, you forgave me. It's absolutely fine with me if you don't feel the same way, but in the last few weeks, I have fallen in love with you. I love you Hermione, and I know now that nothing will ever change that, so," I bent down on one knee, she put her hands up to her mouth, crying now. "Hermione Jean Granger, will you do me the honor of being my wife?" I opened the box with the ring I had spent hours choosing exactly for her.

 "Hermione Jean Granger, will you do me the honor of being my wife?" I opened the box with the ring I had spent hours choosing exactly for her

It was the only ring that even began to express my love for her.

"Oh Draco yes! I love you too!" It was the perfect moment, I kissed her. At first, I was afraid she was pulling away, but she kissed me back and we stayed there like that for what seemed like hours. No one else mattered but us, right now.

A/N I literally cried writing this. I love this kind of mushy stuff, so you better not hate it :p But seriously please comment and vote on what you thought. Did you like the ring? It took me a while to find the perfect one. I love you all for reading this. H.P.F.L.

Word Count: 1254