Chapter 16

A/N So some of you may not have liked the last chapter because of all the pictures, and lacking plot. It was still fun to write, but this one will be better, I promise. Please let me know in the comments what you think of the story so far. Oh and PLEASE VOTE! I only have 4 votes so far, that is not a lot, but on the other hand, 319 VIEWS! Enjoy!

*Bellatrix POV*

My plan was in motion. I had my cronies positioned. They were obedient snails, just like their worthless parents. That was alright, I didn't need geniuses, I could make do with just plain followers who did everything I asked. 

I turned into my animagus form, the symbolistic black cat. Muggles think black cats are bad luck, they have no idea how right they are. They better hope I never cross their path, or else they wouldn't be crossing many paths themselves, ever again.

I loved planning my devious plans. Who didn't? Anyway, it was finally time to make that Mudblood sorry she was ever acquainted with the Purebloods.

*Hermione POV (one week later)*

It had seemed like nothing would ever go wrong for me again. 

I had gone wedding shopping, I was engaged to the man I now loved, and who loved me. I had secured all of my N.E.W.T's. I was even offered a position in The Department For The Regulation Of Magical Creatures At The Ministry of Magic. 

So what went wrong? I cried in the cellar where I had lived for the past week. Wearing the same clothes I had been wearing that day. Having the same thoughts I had had since day one. Crying for hours on end.

The voice I had long since learned to dread, high pitched and shrill, as evil as Voldemort himself.

"It's your favorite time of day Mudblood!" She laughed just like she always did. Bellatrix Lestrange, basically the She-devil.

*Flashback*

I walked down to Hogsmeade, which was empty. I was exhausted after going dress shopping yesterday. I needed to clear my head. I was in my flat, on my couch, with a purring Crookshanks on my lap. Draco was still with Ron, Harry, Neville, and Blaise.

Suddenly, I heard a scratching noise at the door. Crookshanks lightly leaped off my lap onto the floor. I opened the door cautiously. I didn't see anyone, were one of the younger years pranking me?

I heard a small meow. I looked down, on my doorstep, there was a small black cat. My heart melted. I loved cats. I held out my finger, the cat sniffed it. Then she purred. I stroked her gently, and then an orange ball of fur bombarded past me and attacked the black cat.

I dragged Crookshanks away, still hissing and spitting and put him in a locked cage. The cat was watching me, unmoving. I went back to her and she walked slowly away, seemingly beckoning me with her tail.

So, being the cat-lover that I am, I followed her. I followed her from Hogwarts to Hogsmeade, and then from Hogsmeade to god knows where else. I just followed her, almost blindly, to wherever she was taking me.

I wasn't paying attention, and two pairs of muscular arms grabbed me. I tried to get out of their grasp but to no avail. I turned, surprised, to see that they weren't wearing masks. It was Crabbe and Goyle.

*End of Flashback*

I can't believe I had fallen for the standard animagus trick. How could I not have seen the signs? That is why Crookshanks attacked it and come to think of it, why would there be a black cat just strolling through Hogwarts, and then ending up right outside my door.

I realized how stupid I was.

How could I let myself be tricked by her again?

*Flashback continues*

"Did you think I would forget Mudblood? Didn't you wonder why I only torture you once a day? Because I want you to suffer. I think all mudbloods should suffer, but you, Harry Potter's friend mingling with my nephew, are the perfect place to start. CRUCIO!"

I writhed in pain. I had gotten used to this routine, but one could never get used to... Every morning, I woke up, in the cold, dark cellar. Bellatrix threw me a small piece of bread and cheese and left me there for a long time. 

Then, at around 3:30, she came back, dragged me upstairs and Crucio'd me 3 times. Then she'd drag me back down and lock the door.

*Flashback ends*

*Draco POV*

Where was she? I had not seen Hermione for a week. I was completely convinced that something terrible had happened to her. I paced nervously as Harry was again on his computer trying to find her.

"Relax Draco, we'll find her..."

"Don't you tell me to relax, Weasel, your fiancee is right by your side, and mine. is. MISSING," I hissed.

"Draco, don't take this out on Ron, he didn't do anything to Hermione."

"Shut it, Potter, we don't even know that he didn't do something to her."

"Wait, Harry, what is he talking about? Why would I do anything to hurt Hermione?" He asked in alarm.

"Malfoy, don't do what you're about to do..." He trailed off, no matter what he said, I was still obviously going to say it.

"You don't remember do you, Weasley? Before your memory was so conveniently erased, you tried to kiss her, MULTIPLE TIMES AGAINST HER WILL! She was engaged to me, but you still did it, repeatedly. You were an ABUSIVE ALCOHOLIC person, whom I still very much hate. Even after your memory was erased, you're still a STUPID GIT, who has no right to be here, in my office!"

Ron stared at me with his mouth open.

A/N So that chapter was a little weird. Sorry, I'm not good at writing flashbacks, but, I tried anyway, so this chapter has 1026 words. I'm so sorry I haven't updated on Sunday, but I have been busy, I will ost likely post at least one more chapter after this one by this Sunday.