Chapter 6

A/N I hope you guys enjoyed the list, anyway I'm back to the story, please do not hesitate to vote and comment, in fact, please do! :) And don't judge, I like smiley faces.

*Hermione POV*

I woke up, yawned, and stretched. I didn't want to open my eyes, I wanted yesterday to be a dream, maybe Ron never started drinking in the first place. I felt something missing. I sighed and opened my eyes. 

There was something missing, or rather someone. Draco wasn't in the bed. I looked around the room, he was just on the couch. He had probably decided I needed some space and I was grateful because he was right, I felt much better now. As I was thinking, he turned around to face me and smirked when he caught me staring at him. He got up,

"Thanks for staying on the couch the last ni..." He wasn't wearing a shirt. I averted my eyes. He chuckled, 

"You're welcome. Get dressed nice, we're going to Hogsmeade, and since once we're there we can apparate, we'll apparate to Diagon Alley."

"What about our classes?" I was not going to skip school just so we could go shopping. He threw a piece of parchment in my direction. I read it.

Mr. Malfoy and Miss Granger,

Please take this weekend to get to know each other better. You may stay inside the castle, go to Hogsmeade or to Diagon Alley. If either of your attempts to leave the country without your significant other, your memory will be erased, and your wand will be snapped. Classes will resume on Monday. Have a pleasant weekend.

Minerva McGonagall

Headmistress of Hogwarts

"Oh, maybe we should spend the weekend in the library studying," I pointed out practically.

"Maybe we should, but we're not going to because we're going to Diagon Alley." I rolled my eyes. He continued, "Relax, I even invited our friends." I started panicking, did he invite Ron? As if reading my thoughts, he said, "No, I didn't invite Weasel, just Potter, Weaslette, Pansy, Lovegood, and Blaise." I sighed, relieved.

I went to go change. I put on my favorite red dress because there was no way I was going to wear my school uniform to Diagon Alley.

When I was done, I left the bathroom. Draco was staring at me open-mouthed. I looked down nervously, I was very self-conscious.

"You look pretty."

"T-thank you."

"Shall we go, then?" He offered me his arm. I took it and went to go get Ginny, Harry, Pansy, Blaise, and Luna.

We walked as a large group to Hogsmeade, and we all apparated to Diagon Alley. Draco suggested we all go to different stores and meet at the Leaky Cauldron in one hour. I wanted to get my Christmas shopping done early. 

I walked into a place that sold Quidditch supplies. I bought 4 quidditch kits for Ginny, Harry, Draco, and Ron if he ever snapped out of it. Then I went to a store that sold jewelry. I bought Pansy, an emerald bracelet, and Ginny, a ruby necklace. 

Then I went to an odd store I hadn't seen before. I walked in and bought a diadem of Ravenclaw look-alike, for Luna.

Then I went to the bookshop and bought a book called 'The Snakes Guide to Slytherins' for Blaise. I magically sent all the presents back to our house. I spent the rest of my hour reading, typical me.

*Draco POV*

This was my original plan for going to Diagon Alley. I wanted to go to the Magical Menagerie to get an owl for Hermione and me. Since we were going to be a family, I wanted for us to have something we could share, just the two of us.

I walked into the store, up to the counter.

"I would like an owl," I spoke confidently to the person behind the counter.

"Breed?"

"Snowy."

"Would you like a baby or an adult?" I opened my mouth to say an adult because a baby owl wouldn't be delivering letters for a while. But then I remembered how she acted with the little owl that had flown into our window.

"Baby."

"Very good sir." He motioned for me to follow him. He lead me to one very large cage that contained many species of baby owls. Why were they all bunched together like this? Seeing my quizzical expression he said,

"We keep them all together like this so that they can grow up social, otherwise they will completely be dependant on their owner, and will never want to leave." I nodded.

"How much are they?"

"All the babies in this cage are 16 galleons, 8 sickles. Except for that one," he motioned to the smallest white one huddled in the corner, "She's 3 galleons 8 sickles."

"How come?"

"How come?"

"She's blind. She can still deliver letters, but she is very shy and is scared of loud noises, so we have to be very gentle with her."

"I'll take her."

"Really? If you're sure..."

"Of course I'm sure," I snapped. I bought all sorts of stuff for her. I bought food and treats, and a mall cage so that everything was within her reach. The shopkeeper gently lifted her into my hands. I felt her shiver and then finally settle her tiny white feathers.

I looked at my watch and realized my hour was almost up so I magically sent her to our house and walked quickly to the bookshop where Hermione would undoubtedly be. She seemed surprised to see me there, but then she smiled. She had a really nice smile, and I wish she'd do it more often.

"It's time to come meet the others." She nodded and we walked together to the Leaky Cauldron.

We all met up together, had a couple of butterbeers, and chatted. Surprisingly Potter, Weaslette, and Luna seemed alright. We had fun and then apparated back to Hogwarts. I couldn't wait to show Hermione out the new baby owl.

A/N I told you this chapter would be longer than some of the others. I really hoped you enjoyed reading it as much as I loved writing it. Please vote and comment! :)

Word Count: 1035