Chapter 5

A/N Thank you so much for sticking with me all the way through chapter 5, I greatly appreciate it. Beware, this chapter has a bit of assaulting content.

*Draco POV*

After Hermione had left in a huff, I got changed. I strolled over to Blaise's flat and knocked. He opened the door with Luna right behind him.

"You look like a mess, mate," Blaise pointed out.

"Thanks a lot, Blaise, I was up half the night because Hermione was crying."

"Oh no, have the crumple-horned snorkacks gotten to her?" Luna asked with concern.

"Sure," I answered absentmindedly because at that moment, my eyes strayed behind Luna and Blaise. There, on their couch, was a sleeping Pansy. Luna gasped.

"How come she's with you?" I asked Blaise.

"Well, I couldn't leave her with Weasel who is apparently an abusive, alcoholic prat." I couldn't argue with that.

"Can I come in," I asked.

"Of course."

"How are you feeling Pansy?"

"Not great, my betrothed fiancee is an abusive alcoholic, my parents now hate me because I have tainted the Parkinson bloodline, and I am now considered a blood traitor." She began to sob uncontrollably.

Blaise looked at me, we were both great at a lot of things, but comforting a crying woman, was not one of them. 

Luna went and sat next to Pansy, rubbing her back and shoulders and saying soothing things like 'It will be alright' and 'you'll be fine'. Pansy leaned into Luna and cried harder not caring that this was the person she had made fun of for years of being crazy.

I had to leave then, because I didn't like to see people cry not even Pansy. I said a quick god-bye to Blaise, Pansy, and Luna. Then I hurried to the Great Hall to meet Hermione for breakfast. When I got there, I was confused. She wasn't at our designated table, and I knew she wasn't at home, maybe the library? I quickly went to check.

*Hermione POV*

"Get off of me, Ron," I said in a panic.

"No, that ferret doesn't deserve you, I deserve you. Lets run away together." He tried again to push his lips against mine. I shoved him, I was not the kind of person who cheated on their fiancee, not even if it was Draco Malfoy.

"Why are you doing this Mione? You know you want it too," he whispered. He tried again and again, and I wasn't going to let it happen, ever.

"No, I DON'T!" I yelled and kicked him right in his area. He keeled over in pain. I really hoped he was drunk right now, this wasn't the Ron I knew, this was an alcoholic monster.

I ran back to the 'Malfoy' flat, threw myself on the bed and cried. 5 minutes later, Draco ran up the stairs and sighed in relief when he found me. 

"Where were you?" he asked in concern. Should I tell him? I debated against myself. If I didn't I'd have to lie about where I was, but if I did, he would probably go and kill Ron right now, not that it didn't sound appealing right about now.

"The library," I lied. At once I knew this was the wrong answer, he narrowed his eyes at me and frowned.

"Don't lie to me, we can never start building our relationship if you start lying now," he didn't sound mad, he just sounded sad.

"Fine! You want to know where I was? I was on my way to breakfast, and my stupid ex, ASSAULTED ME!" I burst into tears again. Instead of running out the door like I thought he was going to do, he walked over slowly and gave me a hug. I tensed, did he really care, or was this just an act? Whichever it was, it felt sincere.

*Draco POV*

How dare he, HOW DARE HE, assault my fiancee. I would keep it together, this time, for Hermione's sake, but next time, I would kill that stupid Weasel. I hugged her, I hope that was the right thing to do. She tensed and I was worried she would keep crying, but she leaned into me and quieted down. 

We were distracted as an owl flew in the window, literally into the window, because it was closed. Hermione jumped out of my embrace, opened the window, and caught the flying owl. I admired her speed. If she didn't hate flying, she would have made a great seeker.

I saw how gentle she was with the little owl, and I realized, right then, that she was the kind of person I needed in my life, someone caring and sweet. I wasn't mad about having to stay with her forever anymore. I wouldn't tell her this until I was sure she felt the same way, I realized that I loved her.

A/N Hey, I know that the chapters keep getting shorter, I promise I will not continue this pattern, I just know how bad it is that I left chapter 4 as a cliffhanger, so I wanted to post again quickly. Please comment, and vote! :)

Word Count: 857