Chapter 3 - "Rule 68, Never touch a demon"

Original date posted: November 5th 2017
Updated: December 24th 2018

It was the late afternoon now, the sun was just about to set. Edd was in a tree, while Tord was sitting next to one, bored.

"Can I just possess ONE person?" Asked the demon

"No"

"I'll be quick! It won't be longer than a minute"

"Still no. Remember our deal?"

Tord growled and crossed his arms. "You're no fun..."

"Well, do you WANT to dissappear forever? I'm only really trying to protect you." Edd waited for a response. There was none. "That's what I thought"

He's protect- I don't need protecting! I'm a demon for crying out loud! I can take care of myself... Yelled Tord in his head. He WAS going to say something, but decided not to.

Tord flew up into a tree next to Edd, as soon as he touched the leaves, it seemed to have died.
"They do that when I touch them, it's kinda depressing, actually." Tord said to the angel.

Edd laid down on the tree, and closed his eyes. "Try not to kill the forest, at least"

Tord started getting a little bored. He started looking around for things he could do. Then he looked at Edd, noticed that his wings were wide open. Tord noticed how big they were, bigger than his, anyway. They looked so soft. He was tempted to touch the minty green feathers, but remembered how sick Edd looked when he only was just standing next to him. What would happen if I touched him? He hesitated, before moving his hand closer to the wing. This is stupid... what if I burn his wing off? Then I'd be dead- well, dead dead for sure! Tord ended up not touching Edd's wing.

For a moment, Edd could feel something get closer to his wing. It felt cold. Edd started getting a headache. But for some reason, he decided to not move. He felt the coldness get closer, and closer until it just left. The headache didn't feel as bad anymore. He laid there for a moment, then sat up, and looked at Tord.
"Did... did you try and touch my wing..? It's okay if you-" He asked

"What? Pfft- No. no, of course not. Why would I- no." Tord lied. Edd caught on.

"You sure? Because I felt like you were-"

"Okay fine, you got me! It was just really tempting and I never felt an angel's wing before so... yeah..." Tord's wings wrapped around him, he was a little embarrassed.

Edd thought for a moment. "You can feel them if you like..."

"What?" Tord un wrapped himself slightly.

"I mean, if you still want to..."

"But what if I hurt you?" Tord quickly added onto that sentence, "Not that I care. I'm just saying 'what if?'"

Edd giggled. "Well, if it hurts me, at least we'll know for the future!" The wing stretched out towards the dark red demon.

"I guess so..."

Tord hesitated before putting his hand on the wing. Both were tense, but soon realized that nothing happened. "Do you feel anything..?" Tord asked.

"...Surprisingly... no..?"
Tord kept feeling the wing, it was very soft. Well, as soft as a bunch of feathers could get.
The demon, in the first time in awhile, felt calm. Maybe even a little happy?
What angels can do to you...
But then, a feather started turning black. Tord quickly pulled his hand back worried that if he kept his hand there, more feathers would turn black also. Edd noticed the sudden movement.