Chapter 12 Things happen

Matt was sitting in the living room waiting for Edd to come home. He still didn't like Tord, but at least he made Edd happy. He seemed nice enough. Suddenly, someone came swooping into the house and flew upstairs.

He knew it was Edd. This wasn't the first time he flew straight to his room before. Not all the time, rarely.

The purple angel got up from his spot and slowly walked up the stairs. Trying to listen if Edd was saying anything, he tend to do that when writing. He always writes in his journal.
Matt scurried to Edd's door quietly, trying to listen in.

All he heard was crying. Something must of happened. I bet it was Tord, I knew it! That stupid demon... Matt opened the door and saw Edd sitting on the bed crying. He walked in slowly and sat next to him.

"Edd, what's wrong?"

"T-Tord...he- I..." That was all he could muster to say before breaking down to tears again. Edd could be so emotional, but that's okay. Matt gave a hug to make him feel better, somewhat at least.

"I'm never gonna s-see Tord again..." Edd began "And there's nothing I can do about it..."

Tord sat by the tree, lonely. That empty feeling he got used to, was back. He didn't like it, he didn't like any of this. Tord held the feather with care.
He was never a man of tears, but this was the thing that made him cry.

An angel... who knew a angel of all things would break me...

He chuckled to himself. Just the thought of all he's been through then Edd. Edd was the thing that changed everything.

A blue demon came back to the spot once more.

"What do you want, Tom?" Tord asked with a sour tone. He didn't even look at him.

"I've already gotten what I've wanted" He simply answered

"And what was that?"

"Revenge" Tord looked up at Tom with slight confusion.

"What?"

"You heard me," Tom smiled down at Tord "revenge" Tord still didn't understand.
"You see, Tord, you've hurt me. Hurt me so bad like you pushed me into a blender then froze me. Now, I'm going to make you feel the same way"

"Fine"

Tom was took back by Tord's reaction. "Wh-... what?"

"I said 'fine'. I don't care anymore..." Tord looked at the feather once more.

The wind started to pick up, a storm was coming. "Aren't you going to ask me why I'm mad at you? Or why Edd left? Anything?!"

"No"

Tom got frustrated with Tord's simple reactions. Then he said, "I made Edd leave"
Tord looked back up at Tom.

"You...what?"

"Made him leave and never come back. That was me! I ruined your life with Edd! Mad yet?" Tom waited for Tord to get mad.

Tord stood up slowly, with wiggly legs he stepped toward Tom. "You don't know what you've just done" He smiled, he seemed happy.

"What? You mean by how I broke our deal? Oh such a shame! I'll loose my demon powers!" Tom said the last few things in a sarcastic tone.

"Well, there was one thing I left out..." Tord paused, he now felt no pain. "If you broke the deal, which you have, the powers will return to me and..."

There was a sharp pain in Tom's back and head. The horns, wings, and tail were crumbling away. Everything was turning back to normal, painfully.

"Since your mortal body can't handle two transformations, you're lucky you survived the first one, you'll die. But you won't just die... to put it simply..." Tord paused as Tom was scared of what might happen next. "See you in purgatory, fucker" Tord then watched Tom's body melt away into the grass. As soon it was gone, Tord's powers were back.