Chapter 4 - Nicknames

A few minutes later, Matt came out with a cup of- something. He placed it on the table in front of Edd. The green boy leaned over and looked at the liquid. It was pink, and bubbling like a bubble bath. Edd glanced at Matt, then back to the drink. "Trust me, it won't kill you. Because you're already dead. Plus it'll make you feel better." Edd grabbed the cup, felt warm. He took a tiny sip, it didn't taste like anything,
at first.

Then this horrible taste filled his mouth. Like really bad medicine. Edd stuck his tongue out. Gross...

Then Matt said, "What do you expect? Pumpkin juice?" 

Edd responded, "No, I would never expect anything to taste like that" He added onto that, "Only if it said, 'Pumpkin Juice' but other than that, no! Plus we're angels, can't you make it taste better?"

"Well, I made it because YOU broke a rule! Don't think it would have a rewarding taste" Matt stated.

Eddie sighed, "...you got a point"

"It'll make you feel better. Drink up. You think it's bad now? Wait 'till it gets cold."
Edd stared down at the bubbling liquid. Then quickly chugged it as fast as he could.
It didn't feel too good, but at least it's done with. "There, that wasn't that bad, was it?" Matt asked.

"No, it was bad..." Edd replied.

"At least you're feeling better, right?"

In fact, he was. He wasn't sick anymore! "Talk about fast acting! Thanks Matt!" Edd got up and started heading towards the door. "I'll just be going and-"

"You're not going to that demon, are you?" Matt crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow.
"His name is Tord, and no! I'm just... gonna watch the sunset! You know how much I love sunsets! Okay bye!" And with that, Edd quickly left the house.

Matt just shook his head and sighed. He slowly walked up the stairs, mumbling things. "What kind of name is Tord anyway? He sounds like trouble. Also, since when does Edd watch sunsets..? He would normally want to draw at this time..." A small meow came from the floor beside him. It was their small cat, Ringo "Do you think he'll be alright? Last thing I want is..." He didn't continue the sentence. The gray cat just rubbed up against Matt and purred.

Tord was sitting there, in the now dead tree, talking to himself. He actually really likes talking to himself, it can get pretty entertaining. Then he saw a angel fly by, it was Edd. He smiled at the sight of the green feathers. Edd landed in the tree next to Tord.

"Welcome back, Green Bird." Tord greeted. Edd was slightly confused by the new nickname.

"Green Bird?"

"I know, I'm not very creative."

Edd giggled, "Well, I can grow to like it. Now you need a nickname!"

"Just Tord. No nicknames for me."

"Prefect! Your nickname is, 'Just Tord'. What do you think?" They both chuckled.

"I think I can grow to like it"

20 minutes later

Edd looked over at the distance. "The sunset looks nice" He commented.

"It's just a sunset." Tord replied not interested.

"Don't go all depressed demon on me! Be happy demon!"

"I don't want to be happy demon thoooouuggghhhh..." Tord whined like a child and laid down on the dead tree. It was obviously getting very uncomfortable.

"You were one just a moment ago" Edd then added, "Anyway, if you're going to be like that, I'll let you go into your demon world. You do whatever you do. In the morning, we meet up here. Okay?"

Tord raised an eyebrow to Edd letting him go so early "How do you know I will show up?"

Edd looked back over at Tord "Oh, I just have a feeling you'd come back to me" He had a little smirk on his face. Tord just rolled his eyes.

Tord then said, "Sure. See you then Green Bird"

"Until then, Just Tord."

The demon went onto the ground and created a portal. It was purple and red, you could see nothing through it. As if it went on forever. Wind blew out of it, making Tord's horned hair flatten out a bit, revealing some of his horns underneath. Tord gave Edd a face, that looked like a smile. Edd wasn't too sure. Then, Tord jumped in, and the portal disappeared almost right after.

"That's day one. Welp, I guess I should go home also." Edd started flapping his wings and soon left the tree, and went back home.