Chapter 8 A day with a human

"Why don't you like Tom?" Edd asked Tord as they were walking into the forest.

"I... just don't like him!" Tord answered 

"Uh huh... okay then. Well, can you at least not hate him AS much? You'll be hanging out with him all day tomorrow!"

Tord groaned, "Fine..." the demon looked up at the sky. He felt the oh so familiar cold sweep across his face. Reminded him of when he died. All he could feel was cold, he was freezing but he didn't have the need to gather warmth or shiver.

He wondered if angels felt like that too.

He wonders if Edd even remembers what it was like. It all seemed like a blur to Edd. After all, he did say when they first met that he didn't remember much. But is that a good thing? He wanted to ask Edd, but decided not to. Then suddenly, Edd spoke,

"What's it like in the demon world?"

Tord took a moment to think. "Red, dark red... more red"

Edd giggled "Seems fitting for you!"

"I guess so..."

The angel stopped and smiled at the demon beside him. "I had fun today"

"Me too" The demon smiled back

"See you tomorrow Just Tord"

"Later Green Bird"

and with that, the green bird flew away into the clouds. Leaving the demon on the ground.

Day 3

Tord once again was the first one in to forest. Partly because he never left. He hated the demon world, he didn't want anything to do with the other demons. He never did. Even as a mortal he didn't want to do anything to do with anyone. But then, with Edd it's different. No matter how many times in Tord's head he denied it, he enjoyed the angel's company. It was weird, to the demon at least. 

He waited for the angel to come. He was alone with these thoughts.

Meanwhile, with Green Bird

"So... you're not only hanging out with a demon... now with a human? You're breaking so many rules Edd..." Matt didn't know what to feel. He just sighed.

Edd replied back, "He's not just a human! His name is Tom"

"'He's not just a human'? So what is he, then?" Matt asked with his arms crossed

"... He's a new friend"

"Right" Matt didn't believe him

"What? You look like you don't believe me"

"Because I don't. Anyways, if you're gonna see your demon friend again, take this" Matt handed Edd the same potion that made him feel better the first time. Edd took it.

"Thanks, buddy"

"You're welcome. Oh, and remember the rules! Never show your wings to a mortal! Don't touch a demo-" Edd cut Matt off

"I'll be fine, Matt! Why do you have to worry so much?" Edd walked toward the door. He turned around to say goodbye to his friend, but he wasn't there. "Bye..?" Edd opened the door and glanced behind him one last time before leaving.

Tord looked up to see Edd flying down next to him on the trees. They were both wearing the same outfit as yesterday.

"Why are you always here first?"

"It's only been two days, Green Bird. I don't need sleep aways. Partly because I'm dead"

Edd chuckled in response. Which made Tord smile.