Chapter 14 Waking up

Tord heard police cars in the street outside, he glared at Pat. "I thought I told you you'd be the one to keep an eye on these people! And warn us when there's police coming our way!" He snapped.

"It isn't my fault that the cops in this town respond so quickly!" Pat yelled back.

Tord just growled and said, "Where the hell is Pau?"

There was a loud voice coming from outside, "This is the police!"

Tord mumbled, "obviously"

"We ask you to stand down and don't fire your weapons! Let the civilians go or we'll have no choice but to take fire!"

"Bla bla bla whatever" Tord shot another civilian without looking at them.

"Tord!" Pat yelled "What are you doing?!"

"Showing that these donut eating pigs that I don't care" Tord flashed a evil smile, but it disappeared quickly. "Pau! God dammit we don't have all day!" He yelled.

Pau then came back with a big bag of money. "I have it"

"Took you long enough" Tord said sourly.

"You try getting into a giant safe!"

The voice from outside spoke again, "We are going to give you 30 seconds to release the civilians"

"What the heck are we going to do?" Pat asked.

"Is there a back door?" Tord asked.

"Is think" Pau said in response. "But someone has to distract the cops" Pat and Pau looked at Tord.

"Seriously?" He groaned "Fine. But you better pick me up in the car before they kill me" Pat and Pau nodded and quickly left. Tord looked at the terrified people, and sighed, "You can go" He motioned his arms toward the door and they all ran for it. Except for one, Tom.

"Are you leaving or what?" Tord asked bitterly.

"You... killed him" Said Tom quietly, not looking up at Tord. He was still holding his lifeless brother in his arms.

Tord hesitated to respond, "...You'll be next if you don't leave now"

Tom looked up, just an endless void in his eyes. "Just do it then"

Tord was surprised that this guy's eyes were completely black, he took one step back. Were they always like that? "What's with your eyes?"

Tom didn't answer, the police interrupted their conversation. "Now come out other building and put your weapon on the ground!"

"Now it's my turn to go out there. Have fun with your miserable life!" Tord was right about to go out the door then heard Tom say something.

"Hope you burn in hell"

Tord stopped for a moment, then continued.

Outside there were the police, the ambulance, and all the people who were in the bank. In the background was the car Tord, Pat, and Pau came in. He saw them enter it, and they waited.

"Put down your weapon!" A cop yelled.

"Alright, alright... have it your way" Tord placed his gun onto the ground, then he put his hands in the air.

"Anyone else in there?"

Tord smiled, "Just two brothers... but one seemed to got a bullet in his stomach..." A few people who were inside the ambulance car, went rushing into the bank.

"You monster!" A person yelled.

"That's name calling" Tord said with the smile still on his face.