Chapter 1 The Mainstream New Kid in Town

Hi I'm J, or atleast my friends call me that. My name is Jonathan Calder, I'm now in my Junior year, and lets just say, I'm not doing too well right now.

Well to put it in simple terms, I broke up with my girlfriend for almost a year now. She wanted to have sex, she practically brought it up once a month after we've been together for a month. There came even one time that she begged me for sex, but, I don't know, I just couldn't do that yet.

As funny as it is, I am old school, but, I almost gave in to her demands, which scared me, to think that she got in a relationship with me just to have sex with me.

Now when I love someone, I want to make sure she's the right one, I'm not one to just throw away love willy nilly, I know couples fight but that's okay, as long as in the end we forgave each other then that's all I need.

But soon after, more specifically, last week, I saw a sudden change in her attitude, only to find out that she was fucked up by some senior, that's when I lost it. She didn't had the guts to tell me in my face, that slut or something, I had to know that from the school gossiper.

Now, I thought I found love, but it turned out it still wasn't her, hell! there wasn't even love to begin with, its just lust. I just want a chance at love okay? Is that too much to ask?

"Hey!, Hey J!" Nate shook my shoulder gaining my attention.

"Yeah?"

"You alright there?, Its seems like you just fell down a bottomless pit of abyss or something"

I gave him a chuckle. "Yeah yeah, I'll be alright" I opened my locker on the right side of his.

"You know you gotta let Jackie go someday man." I looked up to him giving me a half smile. Concern written all over his face. Nate's a nice guy you know?

"Yeah I know, I'm trying" I said closing my locker. "Where's Jess and El?" I asked facing Nate now.

"Don't know man, why?"

"I just want to tell you guys something"

"Well what is it?"

"Nah I'll tell you later!"

"Pshh, fine" then the school bell rang.

"Ooh, gotta go, see you at lunch?" I said

"Yeah sure"

Ahh, first subject, history, I'm not a fan of history, but its always nice to know something about it. I still don't know how I get high grades here though, I mean +B is acceptable but +A?

That's just too freaky, but hey, I won't complain, its just weird for me to get high grades here that's all.

I went in the classroom, most of my classmates are here already, girls are staring at me again as usual but I ignore them. I went to my usual seat in the middle of the room, next to Jess who is already seated to the right of my seat.

"Hey J, how ya holding up?" Oh yeah, I forgot, the whole school knows. Silly me. Leave it to the school gossiper to get the word around.

"Ohh, uhh, yeah, I'll be alright"

"Yeah, you better be, cause if not me and El would have to set you up with someone we know" My eyes widened.

"Oh come on Jess, I'm tired of slutty girls, lets face it, I'm just a hopeless romantic guy that's never gonna get a chance at love" Jess was about to say something but stopped when Ms. Clayton walked in.

She's a fresh graduate, young but too old for kids like us. Maybe she has a crush on me that's why I've been getting those high grades. Come to think of it, I haven't seen her with a boyfriend ever since she started here. Must be single. Oh why do I care, she's pretty, but not my type, she'll find someone.