Chapter 6 Asking the Internet for Romance

A week passed turned into a month, I had gotten to know Matty more, and the more I know, the more I feel contented and confident on what I see and get from him, all of him. It's been a blissful experience for me, for the both of us.

I have read something on the internet a few weeks back that I tried to do with Matty. I think it was called 'how to keep the romance alive' or something. Bunch of it was pretty useless if you ask me. But I have taken in some notes myself from surfing the net and tried to use that to my advantage.

Some of them were funny, some of them were straight up weird and some were, just plain out of place, so I won't be enumerating them, go find them for yourself.

The past week were just normal hanging out with friends and Matty, Jess and El had been acting a little bit weird lately, like they know something I don't, while Nate had been a little bit distant, I have to do something about that. I told Matty he can stay over at my house anytime he wanted so I don't have to repeat myself over and over to tell him to come here and hang out with me.

But it looked like it backfired-I think, he just stayed over once or twice every week, I guess he didn't wanted to stay overnight as much as I wanted him to. But I won't complain, I already told him he can do so whenever he wants, I'll just tell him to come over more often or every once in a while or when I needed him.

Yep, it didn't worked.

I went downstairs to get something to eat, I saw my dad resting in the living room, staring at the ceiling like a bored teenager with nothing to do with his hands rested on the back of his head.

"Hey dad?"

He groans. "Yes?" he said as he stretched his arms.

"Did mom told you anything about Matty?"

Squinted, then his eyes widened. "Uhh, yeah, which reminds me, are you sure of what your feeling?" He said as he sat up straight.

Well this can't be good. "Oh, yeah, pretty much since day one, but don't worry we're taking things slow, just like I always do." I gave him a reassuring smile, he didn't looked mad though, more like worried, he then nodded.

He sighed. "Okay, just, be careful" Be careful of what? Matty? Why? I dismissed my thoughts and I think I gave him a nod. I proceeded to the kitchen taking food from the fridge. I got a brownie, fudge, and a chocolate bar. I'm craving for something sweet okay?

I ran back upstairs to continue watching NCIS, I like this show, and Matty told me that he also does-soulmate right there. Anyway, it's Sunday and I'm just watching cop shows and eating sweet stuff. I miss Matty. But they're not at home now, they went back to Seattle to finish packing some big things that they were unable to move when they got here with the other stuff.

My phone rang it's 6:30 pm. Caller ID shows Matty.

"Hey Matty"

"Hi J"

"So what's up"

"Nothing, we're almost done packing some things so we'll be home around midnight or something"

"Okay cool"

"Yeah, I miss your voice"

I gave him a chuckle. "I miss you too buddy, hurry home okay?"

"I will, oh, can I sleep there tonight?"

"Pshh, of course you can, I'll be waiting"

"Okay, see you later"

"Yeah, see you later Matty" Then he hung up.

Well it looks like he'll be sleeping over tonight. I ran the water from the tub, turned off the tv, switched on the stereo and played my music. First one was Stacey's mom.