Chapter 12.5 Another Year

In connection to the new years, here's a part dedicating to having another year in life. Have a great new year everyone! Even though it's a lot late for that. Also, we know that over expectations sometimes lead to broken hearts. So don't expect what I think you're expecting. Just saying. Anyway.

Continuation!

Tuesday, which is also four days before the picnic on Saturday

Matthew's P.O.V.

Finally it's my birthday, you know how people mistakenly "forget" their birthday? I don't know how they could possibly forget their birthday, I think they're just faking it, but then again, I'm not them.

Still.

It's their freaking birthday! Just saying.

Throwing a birthday party is too mainstream for me. I'm not the kind of person who likes parties that much, sorry not sorry.

I am actually looking forward towards the day cause it's been going good so far, there's not one surprise thrown at me since I woke up this morning, and it's a holiday, meaning my parents don't have work so yeah, I was expecting them to give me a surprise breakfast where all of the people I know, family and friends, would jump out when I go down the stairs on my birthday suit.

But no, it's like another normal day today, like they forgot it was my birthday. Dad is watching the early news while mom is making breakfast, while I was sitting in the dining room staring at a blank wall or think about what J is up to.

I wonder.

"Hey mom" I asked as she cracked some more eggs, like we need anymore. She cracked like 4 already. I hope it's scrambled eggs though.

"Yeah sweetie?" She said not looking at me.

"Aren't you running late today?" I asked trying not to sound so curious as to why none of them has greeted me a simple happy birthday yet, nor even a text from the guys.

The air was filled with the smell of scrambled eggs now. Yum.

"It's a holiday silly" Oh I know, what else?

"So no school?" I asked innocently.

"You got that right mister, now could you get me a plate for the scrambled eggs" She said still not looking as she flipped the perfectly round as ever scrambled eggs.

I got up and got a plate for her and waited for her to put it on the plate before I went back to the table and placed it neatly together with the toast, mango juice, pancakes, bacon, and leftover pizza.

Well there's a lot of food today, are we expecting someone?

Then almost instantly after that though the doorbell rang.

"I'll get it" I said out loud to no one in particular and headed for the front door.

When I opened it there stood the hottest guy in town, damn. He knows how I feel about him wearing fitted clothing.

"H-hi" I said my voice getting hitched.

He chuckled. "Starstruck are we?"

"Uhh no" I quickly recovered.

"Yeah right, I can practically see you drooling"

"No I wasn't" I retorted as I stepped out and closed behind me the door.

"Aren't we supposed to go inside?" He smirked.

"I know" I said dumbfounded. I shrugged my shoulders.