Chapter 13 Bored As An Apple

Two days before the picnic on Saturday.

Jonathan's P.O.V.

I sat at our usual spot at the cafeteria with Matty and Jess already eating. "Where are the others?" I asked absentmindedly as I take out my lunch from my bag.

"Dunno, maybe still at Science" Jess said as I nodded. I didn't knew Matty nor Jess would be dismissed prior to the bell, there's not much people in here. Actually its just us, the lunch lady who's getting eager to see the students barge in and eat her food, and a janitor who seems to be sleeping in the corner of the room beside a cleaning locker or something.

I ditched Spanish to do some research in the library. Just some secret stuff. Nothing to be concerned about.

"J" Matty called, I shot up and l looked at his bluish orbs that still fascinates me until today.

"Yes my lovely bunny?" I teased making him roll his eyes and smile.

"Where'd you go?" He asked after taking a bite at a hot dog making his voice all gargled up with the all the food in his mouth. Looks tasty. The hot dog I mean. Well, also Matty.

"Just surfed the web, nothing special" I said as I took a bite at my sandwich.

"For the whole period of Spanish? Are you bored as an apple or something?" He said swaying his head in disapproval making Jess giggle in silence.

"You see how he tortures me? It's so unfair right?" I pleaded Jess to butt in and side with me.

"Face it J, you just can't win in these kinds of arguments, but I'm wondering if it's still an argument cause you never win" I rolled my eyes at her as she smirked while Matty was laughing, oh sure take his side.

My eyes wandered off to the canteen door's window leading to the school's football field, thinking of something to do on Saturday. Something special, something we've never done before, something romantic other than the ever too mainstream dinner date.

Just something.

Looking at the grassy football field of our school reminds me of something. Something that happened only way back when.

I know me and Matty have been together for like more than six months now, but what really reminded me was what happened just a few weeks ago.

The day when we had our semi-annual anniversary, or so he says. Or rather, supposed to have.

I was at the mall that time, just looking around when Matty was at his grand parents' house in DC.

If you ask me, I was pretty bored that time as much as I am right now. Maybe a lot more bored than now.

Until.

"Gaah" The guy who I bumped into screamed lightly enough to be heard by a few people said. "Watch where you're going" He spoke as he dusted off his shirt for some unseen dirt with his free arm.

He was holding a cup of drink, I don't know what though, and a half empty popcorn box. He must've finished watching a movie or something.

Everything happened so fast. He was there, I was there, we were face to face, and he just left without letting me defend myself.

And that's it really. That's as much excitement as I got that day. And as much as I craved excitement, I couldn't think of anything that would remedy this eerie feeling I was having.

I had thought of watching a movie that time, but when I saw the movie lists, I was like, I didn't want to see any of them without him. 4/10 are chick flicks, no offence, 2 were action, one is a vampire movie, yes it's breaking dawn part 1, one kiddie movie, like the ones a 3-5 year old would watch, a rom-com, and one horror.