Chapter 14 Mix It Up

The day before the picnic on Saturday.

Warning, this also has unsuitable content for children. Read it at your own risk, I'm not good at writing those kinds of scenes, so when you see the $ sign it means that's the start, and it will end at the *.

"I don't know, ask Nate" Said El as she leaned on my car crossed arms.

"Ask me what?" Nate said as he came up to us in an unexpected fashion.

"Remind me again why are we here?" Jess said tapping her foot and her arms crossed, and referring to our school parking lot at the back, she's in a feisty mood since lunch time when a guy spilled taco sauce on her shirt.

She's got her weird skeptical tigerish look on.

"Wait wait, ask Nate what?" Nate said again. I don't know why some people refer to themselves in the third person.

I just find it rather weird sometimes.

"If you can make it tonight" I said simply.

"Why? What's tonight?" Nate asked raising me an eyebrow.

"Ohhh, right, it's one of those uhmm" El said in realization and then she put on her thinking face which consists of squinting her eyes and focusing on one point as she clears her head and lets her thoughts flow through.

"Ohh yeah, those uhmm" Jess said joining in as she faced El and pointing at her aggressively and repetitively in agreement.

"Yeah those things" I also said as I made a face to the two ladies then turned back my attention to Nate making him cross his eyebrows in confusion.

It's the end of November dinner thing we invented a few years ago. We all agreed to go every last day of November of every year to whatever restaurant we could agree on and just eat till our hearts content.

It started when we all got together at this classy place restaurant that we had to dress up nicely just to eat there.

Let me tell you, the prices were fancy. Even fancier than our restaurant prices, but chef Jordan still makes the best steaks, just putting it out there.

But the thing is, we never had a plan to go there in the first place, I was with my family, just having a casual family dinner night.

Jess was with her mom, also on dinner night, Nate was with his dad, and El was with her parents and her, now that I think of it, sorta hot cousin, with the eyes, the hair, the muscles, just, it was a long time ago, I didn't knew I liked guys back then okay?

The point is, we didn't plan on going to the same restaurant at that same day, and at that same night. It was like, the biggest coincidence you could ever imagine.

I didn't noticed them until I saw Nate and Jess talking on one area near the main hall, that's when I came to them and they seemed too surprised to see me, so after that we talked about the being in the same place and time unplanned thing then El came as well making us laugh when she asked "what are you guys doing here?"

Really, you wish you were there because we felt like we were the riot of that deserted place. It was so quiet there with the utensils clinging, and the wooden doors creaking where the servers are always going in and out, and the classical violinist at the center. Other than that it's just murmurs from the people around who don't even bother to savor the food and just eat like their lives depended on it then they'll leave immediately afterwards.

So that's why we came up with this thing, this weird thing where we would dress up nicely, and just eat at any restaurant, every year, and we've bee doing this already for 5 straight years.