Chapter 3 Are You Gay or Something?

Back to J's point of view.

Jonathan's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sweet smell of whatever that smell is that's radiating from Matty. I simply love it. I hugged him closer. Though I was a bit disappointed about his onsie getting in the way, once again, I do not know what I'm thinking.

It's bright outside, I hear birds chirping. So cliché.

"You look like you're enjoying yourself there" Matty said, with his morning voice I have come to love.

"Isn't that supposed to be my line?" We both chuckled.

"Touché" He said. I chuckled then hugged him even more tighter now I know he's awake.

"Hey" I said.

"Are you gay or something?, I mean, I'm just confused that's all" I said further. His head was facing my bare chest so I couldn't see his face.

"Why? You're gonna get me beat up now or something?" He said coldly. What? Why? If anything I'd pretty much rather protect you not hurt you.

"What? no, I wouldn't, its just that, I heard you guys talking yesterday, here, with El and Jess" I started. He tenses up and looks up at me, so I looked at him and smiled.

"I think Jess is right, you just gotta have fate in these things, why don't you ask him then? What have you got to lose?"

His lips were in a straight line. His eyes locking on mine. Then he smiled.

"He has no clue I like him, so I won't bother anymore, I don't wanna raise confusions between me and him, I mean, why would he like me?"

"Hey, don't say that, you tell funny jokes, you're stubborn, your body doesn't do cold very much, you have a big appetite, you're not afraid to speak your mind most of the time, you act silly even if you don't try, you're very like-able and you're a great person, so don't ever doubt yourself, I believe everyone deserves someone, even you"

A tear escaped his eye but he was smiling. I wiped it off with my thumb and I smiled at him.

"Shhh" I rubbed his back to soothe him.

"You didn't hear everything, did you?" He asked sitting up then looking at me. Well yeah, I didn't.

"No I didn't, why?" I sat up as well. He was about to break down and cry or something. Even if he's smiling I can still see right through it, even his dimples are betraying him.

"You wanna know who was the guy were we talking about?" He asked, I nodded too eagerly in fact.

"Look behind you" He said, I looked behind me but I saw no one, but my mere... Reflection?

I turned back at Matty, who was looking down now, about to cry, why? I don't know how to handle these kinds of situations.

I grabbed his head and shoulders to pull him for a hug. Okay, I was not expecting that. Then again I did want him to be with me more, maybe this is the way, to satisfy the emptiness I feel.

"Let's say I'm not saying I don't like you" I said. We pulled away a few inches to let his head through the gap between us and he looked at me.

"Let's say, I may like you in the future, what do you say about it then?" I said pressing our foreheads together.

"I would ask, is this out of pity or what you really feel?" I crossed my eyebrows at him.

I got a little offended with what he said so the next thing I did surprised me as it did him. I kissed him, on the lips this time, I was already closing my eyes before I even noticed it. I didn't moved mine, neither did his, I just deepened the kiss for a few more seconds and pulled away, and I can say for a fact that, it felt sensational than any of my other kisses. The thrill, the chemistry, something clicked. I don't know how, but it did.