Chapter 12 Riverside

Saturday

Jonathan's P.O.V.

"There it is" I said to my laptop. I've been spending the past hour looking at a good place to have a picnic, somewhere and something new.

That's when I found this place on google map.

I didn't knew there was a riverside forest thing going on in our neighborhood, and there's an open area that would be a good place to have a picnic. I've been getting that awful feeling again. Just like the one I felt before we had a car crash.

No. It couldn't be. Twice? Not possible.

I looked back at the map.

I always thought that the forest near the park was just, you know, a forest that leads to the town and from town to our neighborhood.

Well now I know.

I filled up my backpack and asked Jarvis to pack some food for us.

I got some extra clothes in for me and Matty, I brought my mini stereo with a USB input and of course brought my USB full of songs that Matty likes with me.

I already texted Matty a while ago to pack, or at least get dressed. But I didn't tell him we were going on a picnic.

"Jarv, is it ready yet?" I called out as I got downstairs. Jarvis came rushing out of the kitchen with a smile on his face.

"Ready master J"

"Thank you Jarv" I said.

"You're welcome, enjoy your day"

"Will do, tell them I went out"

"Already did"

He's really dependable you know? It's nice having someone like him around. I remember one time when I was playing in the backyard, we didn't have fences back then because it wasn't needed. It'll be hard for someone to come in through the thick bushes and small trees and hedges that my parents bought and grew out at the back yard.

I was playing with my ball by myself, the usual, when I kicked the ball too far up and it went into the bushy looking forest, I really loved that ball.

So instead of getting it for myself, you know what I did?

I cried.

Yep.

I'm a cry baby.

What?

I was like 3.

Give me a break.

So then my mom came rushing out from the house to go to where I was, she kept looking and looking from all the parts of my body to see if there were any cuts and or bruises while she non-stoppingly asked me what was wrong repeatedly.

And being the oblivious child that I was, I just kept crying, until Jarvis came in front of us and gave me my ball back.

"Thank you Jarbis" I said. I'm still learning my fluency in English. Then I wen't back into running and playing with my ball.

I didn't knew how but he always seemed to know what to do at certain times. It's like he sees everything or something.

I went out the door and went back at my pick up and loaded in my things and got in the driver's seat. I noticed that one of my shoe laces are untied so I tied it first. Double knot, just like the other one and drove off.

I immediately stopped as I saw the gate. It was still closed.

"Sh*t!" I said. Why am I still feeling this horrible feeling that something bad is going to happen?