Chapter 26: The Wait

Jungkook's POV

"Jeon Jungkook?"

A man in a long white doctors coat and a clipboard in hand stood in front of my half asleep self that sat in the most uncomfortable hospital chair.

"That's me." I informed and he nodded before looking to his clipboard, "I'm Doctor Kim Jun-Myeon, it's nice to meet you, now, Park Jimin, his parents have been notified but, since he moved here by himself, his parents live in Busan and it will take almost 3 hours to get here by train." He explained and I nodded slowly with a frown.

"Well can I see him?" I asked with a slight voice crack trying to hold back my 7th load of tears in the past 2 hours.

"I'm not supposed to let anyone see him until after his parents or guardian." The doctor gave me a sympathetic look as I looked to the floor, gulped and nodded. "B-but is he okay?" I looked back up and Doctor Jun-Myeon sighed.

"Look Jungkook, the accident was bad, I don't want to lie to you, he is stable at this moment but his surgeon isn't entirely sure how much damage he received to his head or when he'll wake up. We believe he is in a mild Coma. But it shouldn't last longer than a few days hopefully. So just wait for his parents arrival and I'll happily let you go and see him while he rests."

I let a few more tears fall from my eyes as I nodded at the kind man, he pat my shoulder and made his way down the hallway.

Jimin will be ok...

ChimChim will be fine...

Everything will work out great...

I kept trying to tell myself any positive thought I could think of. Hoping to distract myself from the fact that the boy I love was laying unconscious in a hospital bed, and doctors are unsure of how badly he's hurt...

What if he doesn't wake up..?

This is all my fault!

I should've paid more attention!

I should've protected him...

I lifted my feet onto the chair I was sat in and buried myself in my knees, my salty tears were making my jeans damp but I didn't care, I just wanted that stupid train to hurry up.

~ Timeeegvdhjnb skip ~

I was suddenly awakened by loud running footsteps and the sound of people crying, when I opened my eyes I was being dragged out of my chair and shaken about by a woman who looked familiar.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO MY BABY!?" She was violently shaking my shoulders as I stared wide eyed, I opened my mouth to respond but I was in so much shock I couldn't get anything out.

The woman let me go and rushed into Jimin's hospital room and that's when it clicked in my mind that she was his mother.

I followed her inside quickly and saw her sobbing at the side of the bed, she held Jimin's hand in her own as she knelt below him.

I looked up to the boy on the bed and more tears blurred my vision, he was ghostly pale and had bandages on his head and a plaster cast on his right harm being held by a shoulder strap.

His eye was bruised along with the right side of his face being swollen and his lower lip had a nasty cut.

I was suddenly shoved a little as someone else entered the room, I stumbled before looking at the man who had run in and crouched beside Jimin's mother, his father...

The tears poured down my face once more as I watched the parents crying for the boy I loved who lay unmoving on the bed.

He looked dead...

But the slow, steady bleep of the heart monitor proved otherwise.

The door was opened once more and the doctor from earlier entered the room, "Hello Mr and Mrs Park, I am Doctor Kim Jun-Myeon, I know you are very distressed but I need to discuss some things with you, firstly, Mrs Park, I think you were mistaken by this young man." He gestured towards me and Jimin's mother frowned at me.

"This is not the culprit, this is Jeon Jungkook, your son's boyfriend." He then explained and her face went from a frown to a very shocked expression, his father also turned his head to look at me.

I could feel myself going red and getting very embarrassed to be in this situation, the woman stood up and came towards me, I was worried she was going to attack me again so I closed my eyes and flinched away from her slightly.

However I reopened my eyes when I felt her hugging me, I hugged her back before she let me go and looked at me sympathetically but also with some form of gratitude, "thank you, thank you for being there for him. I am so sorry for my outburst. You seem like a lovely boy." She smiled slightly before wiping her tears.

His father came over to me next and pat my shoulder, "Well for one I'm surprised because I had no idea Jimin was gay, but I'm also grateful he has you, it was a great thing to stay here with him. Thank you Jungkook." I smiled at them both before looking back to Jimin.

"M-may I talk to him?" I stuttered while looking back at them, my question seemed to make his mother almost squeak of adorable overload but it also made her cry again as his father nodded and led her out of the room.

I walked over to the sleeping boy.

"How do you still manage to look so beautiful?" I whispered and perched on the bed next to him, I stroked the bruised side of his face as another tear fell down mine.

"God pull it together Jungkook it's not like he's dead, he'll be fine..." I scolded myself and took a deep breath.

"I don't know if you can hear me, but I love you ChimChim. You were stupid for running into the road but I still can't get over how you ended up like this just because you're sweet enough to try and help an old lady. Oh and she's fine by the way. Her shopping was saved..." I started to mumble as I looked closer at his face.

I leant down and pressed a kiss to his slightly parted lips before pulling back and standing up, "Please wake up Jimin." I whimpered and wiped a tear before sighing and going to leave the room.

His parents were sat outside and I thanked them as they entered after me.

Now I just have to wait.

------------------
A.N.

Sorry this ones really shitty and boring and it took so long for me to even update this short chapter but I've been super stressed at school but it's the half term now!

So I'll liiiivve let's just hope Jimin will!

Thank you for reading I hope you liked it!

Byyyeeeee 😘👋🏼👋🏼👋🏼