Chapter 29: Help me remember

Jimin's POV

I hated being in the hospital. They kept me there for a few weeks once I'd woken up from the accident, before I was finally given the long awaited news.

I could get out and go back School.

I never thought I'd be happy to go to school...

It's weird, they've explained to me that I forgot a few things after the crash... 4 months of my life to be exact, they all seemed super nervous to tell me...

I don't need those memories anyway, nobody wanted to tell me about what happened, something about someone thinking it was better I never remembered.

If they don't want me remembering it then it must've been bad, which means I don't really want to know.

But I was shocked on my first day back at the place I used to think was hell, (before spending so long in the same room of a hospital) when I was abruptly greeted with a bunch of strangers.

It was strange, it was like I knew them but I just couldn't remember where from...

"Jimin-ah!!" The tallest one shouted as he ran over and hugged me, I had been told by my parents to not be too shocked if strangers knew me, apparently I did a lot in 4 months.

"I'm not sure if you know, and I don't want to upset you in any way, but after the crash I lost a lot of my memory, and I'm terribly sorry but, I don't know who any of you are...?" I questioned slowly towards all the people surrounding me.

"Oh, I forgot, sorry Jiminie... My name is Taehyung, I'm your ex-boyfriend and current best friend." The boy who previously hugged me grinned boxily and I blushed.

"B-Boyfriend?" I double checked and he blushed a little, "for a little while yeah."

To say I was shocked was an understatement, this boy was beautiful, and he was with me!? He probably broke up with me after he realised he could do better...

"I'm Baekhyun, Taehyung's boyfriend now, but we're also really good friends and before you jump to conclusions we were all perfectly okay with all the relationships and none of us hate each other, I did not steal your boyfriend!" The smaller boy looked very nervous to talk to me but I understood what he meant.

Although, it wouldn't surprise me if he were lying, because he and Tae look much better together than I would ever look by Tae's side...

As the rest introduced themselves I realised that I had somehow gone from no friends to a LOT of friends in 4 months... But I was confused...

Why did nobody want me to remember this if I had made so many friends?

Surely I was happier?

The day went amazingly, too amazingly, I knew there was something wrong and it was because I hadn't been bullied, once, at all, all day...?

No sudden beat up sessions, no 'nerd' remarks... Nothing...

Where the hell was Yoongi? And his minions, Namjoon, Hoseok, Jungkook...?

Unless something did happen with Jungkook, he was there, holding my hand, as I woke up...

"Jimin...?"

I snapped out of my trance as Taehyung waved his hand in front of my face, "yeah?" I responded as he grinned me, "off in space?? Come on you've got music next, IU is with you, I have to go to photography. I'll see you later though!" Taehyung explained and IU smiled before walking me to my classroom.